Cat Length

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Ive only got a couple days left at my work so im gettin all i can get out of it, what im needing is the full length of the cat on the exhaust. My plan is to cut off the flanges and weld a pipe in between. Or if that ####s up just make new ones. I need the length because om making it 2" shorter. any help appreciated.
Cheers(Y)

frank

Club Member
you need the flanges really and the bracket that bolts to them (to stop the bend near the tank from hanging down and twisting the joint at the front) :)

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
So if i take the cat off, cut both flanges off and the bracket and simply weld the flanges and bracket back onto and stainless pipe....that be ok?
Its just my full janspeed sticks out quite a bit, tried knocking it back, everythings in the right place but if i do that it should look ok i hope.

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
exactly like that!....turns out im getting kept so ive got plenty time now...and there should be enough space. The angles of the flanges might be a bit of a b**tard.

frank

Club Member
All of it...just finding it hard picturing what you mean.

i cut my midpipe about 6" from the flange, then bolted the 2 flanges together, then slid a (24" ?)pipe over the 6" tail, and slid the midpipe into it, then welded :grinning:
but a coilpack midpipe is already that (12") longer length, and can be had for £25 ish

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Ah i see what you mean now. Well im gonna see what i can get at the scrappies at the weekend then try anything at work next week. I take it with a decat pipe, the exhaust gets louder?

frank

Club Member
yes, slightly louder, dont do what we did on rich,s (rlees) car, and gut the 2nd cat, because the outer casing is pi## thin (and it sounded like a 2 stroke lol :laugh:)