Cat Back and Alarm query

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
Hello guys

I have been looking around for a custom made exhaust and I managed to find a place that has given me quite attractive quotes.

Cat back stainless steel + backbox for £220 inc £25 fuel voucher

Or just a stainless steel backbox for £130

What would you guys go for?
Is the middle section worth £65?
What is the difference anyway?

Moving on, I wish to purchase an alarm as well for my k12 but it seems I have to sacrifice one or the other, either the alarm or the Nissan intelligent system. Are there any alarms which is compatible with my car's system?

Cheers guys

A

andy23ho

Hello guys

I have been looking around for a custom made exhaust and I managed to find a place that has given me quite attractive quotes.

Cat back stainless steel + backbox for £220 inc £25 fuel voucher

Or just a stainless steel backbox for £130

What would you guys go for?
Is the middle section worth £65?
What is the difference anyway?

Moving on, I wish to purchase an alarm as well for my k12 but it seems I have to sacrifice one or the other, either the alarm or the Nissan intelligent system. Are there any alarms which is compatible with my car's system?

Cheers guys

easy choice mate..full cat back system, i have it on my car but i dont know how to post my pictures up, al mail them to you if you want? but easy choice..exhaust over alarm!!

A

andy23ho

you will have to upload it onto sites such as www.photobucket.com then copy the link over here.

i will get the exhaust and alarm together.

notice any performance gain mate?

hmmm..slightly though mine is only a 1.2, maybe a little quicker but the sound is unreal..honestly is a head turner. iv just posted up my pictures on another post check them out. how much is the alarm system ur getting?

OP
OP
tse_adam

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
Though I have never been a big fan of upwards tip but they do look stunning on yours. What size are they rims? Gosh they look real good there.

I would probably stick with 15s for performance purpose.

I have no idea which alarm I want but I was asking if anyone knows as I want one that compatiable with my micra's intelligent system.

A

andy23ho

Though I have never been a big fan of upwards tip but they do look stunning on yours. What size are they rims? Gosh they look real good there.

I would probably stick with 15s for performance purpose.

I have no idea which alarm I want but I was asking if anyone knows as I want one that compatiable with my micra's intelligent system.

oh cheers, more going on looks atm..

sorry yeah am nt sure where to find them like, bt am on the look out for 1 too so al post something up if a find somthn like

Nissan do an alarm/intruder detector that plugs into the existing loom (Though there is alot of work to do - AND you need to get the EMU plugged into by a dealer before you finally plug it in) Got mine of E-bay, not sure how much they are retail.....

OP
OP
tse_adam

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
thats a lot of details to take in and i suppose nissan wont be cheap. i asked them to strip my door and fix the black button and they tried to charge me £97 for that.

i have been looking at clifford 650 at £374 and Toad Ai606 at £300. both are nice systems but i may have to do without my car's intelligent system.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
no offence but any alarm thats going to be fitted will not be as good as the nats system thats currently on it, get the alarm upgrade for the k12, which makes is cat 1 i think, basically a siren and a bonnet switch i think never fitted one myself but have seen them being fitted

OP
OP
tse_adam

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
ooo can you find me more info about that fordy?? price, what it does etc? thank you in advance. if not dont worry about it. cheers mate

no offence but any alarm thats going to be fitted will not be as good as the nats system thats currently on it, get the alarm upgrade for the k12, which makes is cat 1 i think, basically a siren and a bonnet switch i think never fitted one myself but have seen them being fitted

That's what I got off e-bay and mentioned earlier... :grinning:

OP
OP
tse_adam

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
oh i am sorry taz, miles away there. how much you bought it for on ebay? and how much to get it fitted by nissan do you think?

i have a feeling this aint gonna cheap....:suspect:

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
i can tell you whats in the kit

bonnet switch (only for petrol)
siren
2x ultrasonics

ive fitted one on friday and its a good upgrade which i think personnaly should come as standard fit on all k12s

if you diy (its dead easy to do) but you will need to go to nissan to get them to turn on the siren function in the bcm control module with consult

OP
OP
tse_adam

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
i am one of those who can just about manage to de-badge my car, i am so useless its unbelievable lol. besides i dont want to pull or plug anything that would make my car undrivable. i'll leave it to the experts but it seems nissan site doesnt have emails for enquiry etc. strange.....