Cat and Sensor on manifold help please

Hey guys im thinking about changing the cat as ive got a loss of power somewhere and ive changed the filters, done the plugs, and my dad had this on his van changed the cat and it went back to its normal self. Well i was wondering if i change the cat would it be worth changing the sensor on the exhaust manifold too? as ive heard these are connected in what they do or something (im a novice when it comes to car mechanics) if it is worth replacing how do you take the sensor out?
any help apreciated
Thanks
Jay

The Lambda sensor can be removed with an spanner, although can't see how changing a cat can change anything, changing the lambda can do if it's been damaged.

If you're unsure why you're car is lacking power possibly may be an idea to get the ECU checked for any error codes.

The Lambda sensor can be removed with an spanner, although can't see how changing a cat can change anything, changing the lambda can do if it's been damaged.

If you're unsure why you're car is lacking power possibly may be an idea to get the ECU checked for any error codes.

ive seen cat's collaspe and lead to the car struggling.

well its just my dads van had the same symptoms as mine strugged on hills was ok on the flat and he changed his exhuast and it was fine, was looking at the condition of mine the outer condition and it seems to be a standard one on there from new. Olly where would i get the ecu checked and how much you reckon ill be looking at?

remoe the cat and hold it pointing towards the light, looking through the hole. see if its clear of blockages.

you can hammer the interals out, can make the ehxaust note 'raspy' .... but will pass MOT emmisons ok.

ill see what it like thanks mate might just get me a new 1 anyway me dads mates wiv ppl over bathwick tyres could get it changed for a drink np so ill have a look and ill let u no :p cheerz

Back