Carb Confusion!

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can explain this to me, i've tried searching but the forum won't let me search using "egr" or "ecc" etc because they are to few letters in them.

In reading Fordys blog he mentioned that he got rid of the EGR system from his Super S (The one i now have)
Quote:
"few things ive been doing today,
egr = bin
biv valve = bin
aiv soleniod = bin"

I've been looking through the haynes manual but its no to much help, can anyone explain how this carb is different from a standard K10, and what all these bits do? I understand how a carb works, just not all this electric stuff.
I mean whats the difference between the egr and ecc etc?

Any help greatly appreciated as i like to understand how the different bits on my car work!

EGR = Exhaust gas recurculation, basicly "some" exhaust gasses are recurculated to the inlet manifold to be ruburnt.

ECC = Emission control something, basicly helps to control how much fuel goes into the engine. Keeping the mixture correct and the dangerous emissions low.

EGR = Exhaust gas recurculation, basicly "some" exhaust gasses are recurculated to the inlet manifold to be ruburnt.

ECC = Emission control something, basicly helps to control how much fuel goes into the engine. Keeping the mixture correct and the dangerous emissions low.

OP
OP
Ceirwan

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Thanks, could anyone give me the rough explanation of how they work, and what will i have to take into consideration with those parts that have been removed from the carb, thanks!

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
In the haynes its in the back in the supplement. there is a wikid diagram that shows it all and how everything interacts

superls

K10 Tuner
ECC is electronically controled carb, the mixture is set by the ecu (ecc control unit under the passanger seat) by pulsing a solenoid on the carb, thats all i can rememer im afraid

OP
OP
Ceirwan

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Oh so THATS what that box i found under the seat was! :)
I thought it was something to do with the alarm! Lol

Oh this is confusing, we have the EGR, the EEC and the ECC!