Car wanting to stall .

i have a problem with my system where my car wants to stall when I turn it up .
Also the CD player turns off at a volume of 15 .
Running 1000 w amp and two dvc subs .
Car is a pre face 1993 slx .
I've not chopped any of the wires at all .
Any help would be great , just to be able to turn the radio up to 20 without it shutting off .

Is the wiring from alternator to battery stock? If so change to 0 gauge wire ( or at least 4awg) also you might need a capacitor. Does it only stall when the subs hit? Also you should change the battery ground wire to 0awg to. Look online at the big 3 upgrade.

Cables are all 4 gauge ,
And I've tried a power cap and it does not help .
I think I may have a faulty speaker .
Also I want to get rid of the auto idle

Alpine 9882. CD player .
Pioneer 6x9
Standard front speakers
Audiobahn mono amp
2x12" Jl audio w3 dvc subs
It's had a new battery
I've faded out the front speakers and disconnected the tears and it still cuts out .
But at a higher vol .
The display on the headunit goes dim as do the headlights when it's turned up.
Alternator charges the battery @14 volts .
Battery is new .
Stuck !

Now let's me turn it up to 20 .
But then it cuts out .
The bass is very over powering and I can't turn up the mid or treble to match as it turns the headunit off and then back on again .
It does not lose its memory at all .
I've also disconnected all the speakers and then I can turn it up as much as I want .
Very strange !
As soon as I hook up the speakers from the ISO block it starts again .

If you pull the fuse on the amp does this still happen? I wouldnt think speakers will stall the car, i think it more to do with drawing too much current from bat or alternator. Has it always been like this?

Also maybe lower the gain on the amps would help. Is your amp not wired direct to the battery? Where is it grounded? Any cables get noticeably hot?

Well having 4 12inch subs with 2 mono amps shouldn't cut that out, having good ground and wiring to ign live feed, make sure the speaker terminals doesn't touch the body of the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check where u wired the red wire and yellow wire into ? And have a volt meter reading that and a volt meter reading the battery and u should see a Diffrent if it's wrong wired, and if it's right u will have same volt in battery and ur CD player

It's all wired correctly , I stripped it all down and started again .
I've been in it all day .
I'm thinking its a earthing issue .
All I can say is I will try to sort this as I've never come across this before , so I would really like to know what this is .

Yellow to yellow
Red to red
Black to black
It's an ISO wiring harness to fit k11 factory wiring .
Don't rely on stock ISO check u have right voltage without starting it up and and then started up on the wire ends check that, then check boot ground by meter on each end then meter on ground and on boot metal that it's getting power an ground probley

Ok so I've sorted the problem out after a lot of faffing around .
It seem that Nissan have failed to put a dedicated earth in the headunit wiring loom for the unit to use , instead they want people to use the aerial to Earth the unit .
When you turn up the volume the on a aftermarket unit it will cut out if it is not earthed to the chassis .
So I earthed it to the battery and hey presto problem solved .
Now I just have to tune the amp to the headunit to sort out the sound as the rear wiper is dancing all over the windscreen doing the moonwalk .
2 x 12" jl audio dvc subs is way too much but I'm certainly turning heads .
Thanks for all the replies . :)

Ok so I've sorted the problem out after a lot of faffing around .
It seem that Nissan have failed to put a dedicated earth in the headunit wiring loom for the unit to use , instead they want people to use the aerial to Earth the unit .
When you turn up the volume the on a aftermarket unit it will cut out if it is not earthed to the chassis .
So I earthed it to the battery and hey presto problem solved .
Now I just have to tune the amp to the headunit to sort out the sound as the rear wiper is dancing all over the windscreen doing the moonwalk .
2 x 12" jl audio dvc subs is way too much but I'm certainly turning heads .
Thanks for all the replies . :)
That's why I said check all the wires on CD player volts and battery but cool sorted eh

Back