Car Just Stops

Stani1029

Club Member
hey im in need of some help...

whats wrong is that when im driving along normally my car just all of a sudden cuts off and its always in the worst of places! then it take a gd hour before it will start again, it wont bump start either :doh: ive recently changed the throttle body thinking it was that but its not so i thought id put my standard radiator on instead of a primera one and that didnt help either o_O

any ideas please! :laugh:

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
:glare:
haha how on earth would a radiator cause it you fool :p

swap relays like the ecu relay for a known good one
check ecu for water ingress
if none of them work, go out and buy rac recovery lol

could be problem inside the dissy, i thinky you can buy the repair kits of ebay now, well you could a few weeks ago

would you look at that i even got you a link to them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...ryZ10402QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

i thought it maybe the radiator because it only seemed to start once i let the engine cool down lol

cheers for the info.

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Yes it sound like it could be shutting down to prevent overheating damage... Is the fan working? The fan on my friends Clio has gone, and he has to be careful because if it overheats it shuts itself down for a while...

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
ive checked all the fuses and relays and they are fine, and to be honest ceirwan ive not seen/heard the fan come on in a while...ill have a check cheers :wow:

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
check gearbox oil too... low or no oil can trigger sensors to shut down the car
check petrol sensor too... could be intermittment...

hook it up and read the fault codes basically.. and let us know..