Car cranks but doesn't start, I need help

Hello everyone, I need a bit of help with my Micra
About two months ago I bought a K11 1.3L, which had driven 340000 km (210000 miles), the engine broke down as expected and I put in another 1.3L engine that had only gone 107000 km on it (65000 miles). But 2nd to last saturday, I started it up and drove about 20 meters, after which it lost all power and shut itself off. Since then I haven't been able to start the engine. I read the fault codes, which gave me 141, 142, and 144, but I can't find what they are related to.

I am studying to become a mechanic, but I have now worked on the Micra for over a week, and my teachers can't tell what's wrong either. What I've narrowed it down to, is that the injectors don't get the right pulse signal, so they won't open to let any fuel through. I tried to build up fuel pressure and add direct +12V to the injectors, which opened the injector and fuel went into the cylinders. So I'm guessing something is preventing the injectors from getting proper ground signal from the ECU.

The spark plugs get plenty of spark, air isn't a problem, the fuel pump is running and makes about 2.3 bars of pressure (fuel pressure shouldn't be the culprit).

Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions on what I should do in this case?

Cheers

Your best shot is if Frank spots your post buddy, not much gets the better of our Frank.
Although from what you say - it should start.
What about NATS if you have it (?) I think that does something with the injectors power supply.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I assume it has a crank position sensor? A faulty one would cause the problems that you are having.

It should start, yes, but unfortunately it doesn't. It starts when a bit of fuel is poured into the intake, but only runs as long as there is fuel in the intake.

It does have NATS, and I am almost entirely sure it has to be the culprit.

It does have a crank position sensor, wouldn't a faulty one show a fault code?

I tried changing the NATS inhibitor, ingition barrel, key, and ECU all from the same donor car from the scrapyard. The car started without any fault codes, and ran smoothly. But after stopping the engine and removing the key, putting the key back into the ignition gave me the same fault codes and problems.

Back at it again, this time the car starts and there are no fault codes.

This time the engine keeps stalling once I give it a bit of throttle, what can cause the car to stall? I'm either guessing the fuel pump might be dead soon and can't keep up with the fuel demand (it's gone about 210.000 miles), or the dizzy is not properly positioned.

Any good ideas? Bad ideas? Anything?

Change all of your fuses, I had a car once that did similar to yours, turned out the fuses were faulty and separating under load/heat.....but they looked perfectly OK
Took a very good garage 3 days to find that fault.

Change all of your fuses, I had a car once that did similar to yours, turned out the fuses were faulty and separating under load/heat.....but they looked perfectly OK
Took a very good garage 3 days to find that fault.
This is why the forum is so good ,,knowledge you couldn't pay for

Nissan k12 cranks, fuel pump is ok, crank sensor is fine, power is circulating well to coil packs and plugs but does not start. What could be the problem.