• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Candy New blog

Hi I have had to write a new blog as can't access my old account.
In February last year I was fortunate to find this lovely cadbury blue beauty she has a few age related marks here and there but otherwise she very tidy indeed.
Here is some pictures of her as I purchased her.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Almost forgot. she only had 62,842 miles on the clock

3.jpg

De-badged her for a cleaner overall look and had her front discs and pads changed and tracking sorted.

4.jpg

Fitted new gas boot struts from ebay as old ones had failed.

5.jpg

Cleaned engine bay up a bit as look a mess unfortunately while doing so I managed to break the expansion tank in process.

6.jpg

Fitted new expansion tank and filled with genuine Nissan L248 Premix Coolant and painted battery mount.

7.jpg

I knew Candy mot was coming up on 11th May so her rear shocks were changed in preparation for her mot she passed without any advisories.
She was serviced a few days later at 63,676 Miles by me and a friend.

8.jpg

Candy rear boot handle was changed as unfortunately one of the plastic lugs on driver side snapped when bolt was done up.

9.jpg

Rear exhaust hanger bracket was changed for more solid one as old one had failed

10.jpg
11.jpg

Candy's interior back in after me having to remove it so that local garage could cut out her corrosion from O/S rear chassis and O/S rear wheel arch.
Also so that they could cut out her corrosion on both her O/S and N/S rear near vents. Fabricate new metal to shape and plate weld in place.
Seal new metal and paint factory colour inside boot.​

Candy rear arch,quarter panel drivers door and boot area were all resprayed.
All dents, corrosion etc were also removed.
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

All of this work was carried out by a professional paint sprayer/panel beater.

18.jpg

Weekend at car meet after body work was done had a few people compliment how tidy she looks.

19.jpg

Rear mud flaps were fitted few weeks after car meet by my boss. They improve Candy's overall look.

20.jpg

Wrap around spoiler fitted.

21.jpg
22.jpg

Fitted tweeters to Candy as wiring was already their bargain from a friend breakers.

Last edited:
Candy was worked on by a friends garage and they removed corrosion and loose underseal from underbody and suspension members. Treated rust and sprayed with a thick coating of waxoyl. in october last year.
23.jpg

24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

Another bargain from friend breakers these 1st facelift bonnet grilles.
39.jpg

Had problem with Maf sensor a fellow micra forum member gave me advice on what to use to clean maf sensor also what tool was required to do this.

Last edited:
At end of November last year I had a car accident and on 4th December bought a donor car to repair Candy and on 15th December collected donor car.
Then on 22nd December started disassembling both the donor car and Candy.​
40.jpg

41.jpg
42.jpg

Drivers headlight removed to gain more access to bolts etc​
43.jpg

Bonnet was removed due to one of the wing bolts snapping so had to be removed to drill out and remove sheared bolt.​
44.jpg

Test fitted wing from donor car and found out the corner bracket was damaged so needed to be straightened for wing to fit.
45.jpg

46.jpg

On Monday I started putting Candy front end back together after I had straightened the corner bracket put the bonnet back on with help from a friend fitted fog light switch wing and fog lights from donor car and test fitted it all also painted some of the engine bay also fitted the donor cars factory parcel shelf speakers.​

Candy.JPG

Took Candy out for a spin earlier today tracking out abit but slowly getting my confidence back after not driving much since my car accident.​

Last edited: