Canadian needs some help with a Figaro Conversion (Driveshafts or Uprights)

Hey Guys,

I just got my transmission into my Figaro and all of the bits sourced here and a I ran into a problem with the drive shafts. The shafts on the Figaro are bigger than the K10 shafts that I have from the donor car. The car is long gone so I don't have access to any of the parts. I was looking for the uprights (spindles or knuckles) for both of the sides provided that they are different for the manual (ie smaller) than the automatic version. If you guys have any spindles available for sale and willing to check to see if they fit the smaller driveshafts, let me know as otherwise, I would need to have custom shaft fabricated. Send me a PM to see if you can help out a fellow gearhead from across the pond. Thanks.

-Christopher

What is the ST running gear. Finding any parts for a Micra is pretty tricky in Canada, so you might need to tell me what that is. I figure my only other option is to get a shop to custom fabricate me some axles, which is mostly easy to do, just pricey.

I have the engine from the Figaro and the standard K10 tranny. I have all of the shaft, both from the figaro and the K10. I figure that the shafts from the standard K10 will fit into the standard uprights, I just don't have any access to them in Canada. Provided the K10 uprights bolt into the Figaro struts and lower control arms, I should be fine, I just can't get the uprights in Canada. I was hoping someone here might have a pair of them.

ahh, these are the 2 types of spline on the k11,s, (prefacelift 1.0, vs all the other models) my k11 has k10 shafts fitted (direct fit)

64865.jpg

Can you not use the k10 gearbox?

I have the K10 gearbox, I just don't have any axles that fit up to both the tranny and the spindle at the wheel. I'll take measurements of all the pieces tonight and pictures so you guys can have a peek at it. Like I said, I can get the shaft on the inside of the axle custom fabricated so all of my pieces fit but it would probably be simpler to get spindles.

Back