Can the MK12 take a standard 2 Din stereo?

Hey all,

I have just purchased a very nice Nissan Acenta 1.2 2009 with only 15K miles on the clock and one of the first things that I want to do is change the stereo.

Looking at the stereo it appears to be a 2 DIN but obviously want to ensure that this is the case. So my question is rather simple, does the MK12 use a standard sized 2 din stereo or does the stereo need to specifically made for the MK12?

Its confusing since some retailers list stereos for the K12 while some just say universal, so I'm not sure if those listing it as K12 are just saying that because its a ploy to make there stereos seem more compatible or they just want to rank better on Google.

Attached below you can find a image of the stereo within my Micra.

Attachments

• Nissan Micra Radio Modulator 013_2.jpg
    Nissan Micra Radio Modulator 013_2.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 9,885
[EDIT]

About the universal part:
You got Radios specifically for brands, for example nissan that has connectors that fit that particular nissan radio.
Same with other car brands, they use their own connectors etc.

So universal just means, it will have ISO connectors that will fit at all times, IF you get the right adapters for them.
(From [car brand] to ISO)

keep in mind if you got steering wheel buttons and functions, they function through your radio, these will not work anymore unless you find the right adapters.. i haven't unfortunatly

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Back