Can someone ID this connector?

Hi all, new K12 owner here. My car starts, but then dies: I've been poking around the engine bay as you do, and I found this connector not plugged into anything. Does anyone know where it goes? It has 2.5V on the middle pin when the ignition is on, so I'm thinking it might be important! Thanks
IMG_20181024_113812.jpg

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
A better picture, in focus, showing where in the engine bay it is would help a great deal.............

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Sorry about the pic....it really is terrible. I'll try again when it's light tomorrow
The pic of the actual connector is not bad, but more importantly a clear picture of just where it is and what is near it is what is needed.... With that information I can have a look in my K12 engine bay and hopefully identify it and more importantly, where it is plugged in....

Ok, no need to post another blurry pic, found - accidentally I might add - that the connector plugs in to the rear of the gearbox ... so I'm assuming that it's perhaps the reverse light switch. Anyway, mystery solved.

The other mystery, as to why the car starts and then immediately dies, is somewhat mysteriouser. Today I went to a scrapper and acquired a crank sensor from the same engine type, put it on ... and it fired straight away and kept running. Problem solved, I thought. But no: I turned off the engine and tried to restart, and same problem again. Starts and then dies immediately.

So I went and downloaded a 'free', trans. 'very limited functionality' OBDII program, to use with my ELM327, which reported P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor. A fault somewhere on the circuit, possibly with the sensor itself?

Before I start thinking about possible nightmarish chain-stretch issues, I suppose I should change the sensor. Does anyone know where this is, or they are, if there's more than one?

Ok. Camshaft position sensor is not 'inside' the air filter cover or the throttle body cover. If you remove the air filter housing - which drops away after you have undone the two clips, as I'm sure everyone here will know - then look at the cylinder head end, you will see the cam position sensor attached to the end of the cylinder head with a 10mm, or M6, bolt. Undo this and the sensor comes out.

Going to test tomorrow to see if the CPS is actually working. Will report back