Can i have a simple audio Sytem

Is it possible to have a simple audio system in my Mirca LS K10 ? Ihave the original 1 speaker system but would like to playemy 80's music in style.

Not wanting a Sub Woooofter system but looking for suggestions on a good audio system to replace the original.

Thanks

Yes it's no problem, you can fit some 13cm speakers into the doors and run the wires through to the back of the stereo. There is a limit to the speaker depth you can have though due to the window clearance but if you space them right you should have no problems. I fitted a pair to my doors and then to keep them looking stock i simply fitted a pair of speaker grills from a pre-facelift k11 to the door card, like so;

62034_440733934871_839509871_4870868_6971311_n.jpg

Only a propper micra buff would be able to tell that they aren't k10 grills.

It's just a bad picture, when you see them in the flesh they're exactly the same colour. My phone only has a pants camera unfortunately :doh:

Hey Porkpie thats just fine i'll go for that look then.Which speakers did you get to fit also my car is the 4 door model so the doors are smaller(make any difference):down:

I had 17cm speakers in mine. Mounted on custom baffles to stop the speaker cone hitting the window glass

micrahistory22.JPG

Of course, higer ranking K10's like the SGL and GS models had speakers built into the door bins in the front, so it could be easier to find a higher spec K10 in a scrap yard and utilise the front door bins... Also, the rubber tubing in between the door and frame near the front to hide the wires, of course... (Y)

Hey Porkpie thats just fine i'll go for that look then.Which speakers did you get to fit also my car is the 4 door model so the doors are smaller(make any difference):down:

I just fitted some Sony Xploders in the doors, i was going to get JBL GTOs to go with my GTO 6x9s and sub but they were far too big and would not have cleared the window. I wanted everything hidden and able to be removed without leaving holes in things. The Sony's had to be spaced out from the door with some fat nuts in place of washers, there are literally only millimeters of space between the speakers and the window (when wound down), and between the speakers and the grills. I padded them all round with sticky backed foam tape to prevent rattles and vibration, then cut up an old sponge to make little cups for them to sit in. Nice and snug in there lol.
With the wire going from the doors i just wrapped them round with black electrical tape and fed them through little holes i made in the grommits, no need to go searching the scrap yards.

Porkpie theres loads of types of Xploders can you remember the model's you have ?

Sony XS-A1327 is the model name, i bought and fitted those speakers over three years ago so i'm guessing they have long since replaced that model with newer ones but they can still be bought new, just google em if you want em. As long as they speakers you eventually choose are the same size there shouldn't be any problems fitting.
Apparently the sony's are 5.12" in diamiter x 9" in hight/depth. So any speaker that is within that size will fit with no problems.

It's just the mounting depth that's an issue because the k10 has skinny doors, so no more than 9" deep and you'll be fine. If you want to take measurements to make absolute sure then take off your door card and get the measuring tape out, but don't forget to wind the window down first so that you can get the depth clearence between the door-skin and the glass. Don't just go by the window track because it moves a little as the window comes down to accomodate the curved shape of the window.

Unfortunately, upon looking about on the web, I can't find a picture. But they are available and look very discreet. Plus, I've only ever seen them in Grey... So, keep looking. Most K10's came with a single speaker system which is crap... (What mine has)... So the previous owner has fitted speakers into the rear quarter interior trims. They look alright... But I need some in the front too.

The Super S that I've just seen has the speakers mounted behind a grille half way up the front of the door... With a square grille over the top... Not sure if this is an original mounting point.

Anyone got measurements for the K10 Super S Speakers?

Yes i've seen the S speaker grills in photos but i have never seen the Micra Door Bin's as mine as none, are the speakers built into the bin ?

The K10's I've seen with the bins, have them at the front of the door... The SGL I butchered up in Sheffield had them, but they were brown :( But they looked quite smart and gave a nice amount of space to mount a decent speaker.

Just a thought guys.....Do the speaker bins go all the way along the door ? As i have a 4 door micra the doors are small than the 2 door

if its the door pockets your on about then dont worry the 2 door ones fit the 4 door and nissan have already put the holes in the back of the door card for both sizes of pockets, so get the 2 door ones as there bigger.

hope this helps

Back