Can I get some 13x7 Et5/6 pics please?

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Afternoon everyone!

My 15s are officially up for sale, I'm feeling the bug to go for the 13" slammed look (and also like the idea that it'll change my gear ratios a little) and I'm currently doing a bit of research about what fitment to go with.

So far it looks like the general consensus is that around ET5 and ET6 is the place where you want to be. Don't suppose I could be a bit cheeky and ask for a few example pictures and maybe even peoples experiences with fitting them?

What I have in mind at the moment is 175/50/13 tyres, coupled with my 60mm matt humphris springs with a coil cut off for good measure. Does that sound about right?

Any info would be smashing.

Harlen

I ment to reply to this, but couldn't find the thread when I got around to it:s

Here's what mine used to look like on 13x7 et5. Tyre's are 165/55/13

6039286133_7cd7c91fb8_z.jpg

I put some negative camber on the front. A little bit of camber or a small arch flare may be needed to cover the tread, but it's only a small amount. Rim face sits about 5mm past the arch and tread is about 5mm under iirc.

5845403175_63856e9756_z.jpg

You're quite limited to tyre sizes though if you're planning to lower it. These 165/55/13's worked well, but were a little too small in diametre imo, made travelling at 50mph+ feel slow, however under 50mph and it accelerated quicker. I put 165/65/13's on my new wheels and that drives better but the stretch won't look as nice and you may not be able to lower it as much. 175/50/13 may need a fair bit of arch roll and flare depending on how low you go. 165/60/13 may be a good compremise, but harder to come by.

175/50's are smaller in diameter than 165/55's. I'll second the observations Matt has made about using the small tyres.

More pics of the sizes you have inquired about in my blog.

Always loved your car, Euro, in my opinion it looks bang on, the fitment is perfect.

I understand what you guys mean about the tyres - I had a 106 which ran 13x7 175/50/13 superlites and that felt very slow when going at 60 (maybe because the speedo was out?) but the acceleration was a huge step up, which is sort of what I'm going for.

And Mark your blog is a gold mine, it helped out a ton :D

I THINK I'll stick to 175/50s... Will have to do a bit more research. Thanks again

NONO I've decided, 165/55... Just did a bit of snooping and it seems all of my favourite micras rocking 13x7 on here are coupled with 165/55 (or at least were at some point). I've also saved myself a fortune on tyres. Nice one!

One last question (I promise :D) what brand tyres do you reccomend? I'm going for 165/55/13s and the choice is pretty much Accelera Gamma or Nankang XR611. Hearing VERY mixed reviews for both of them. Any input and links to cheapo tyres would be hugely appreciated :)

I like nankang got a pair on my steels, I find they handle all conditions really well. But I know most will say steer clear of them

Back