can clever people help fix my k12???

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobee

hiya, for some reason im getting a fairly loud bang/clicking noise when going round corners on bumpy ground, or accelerating around corners or whilst under some heavy braking, and its really starting to put my sister off as shes trying to learn to drive in it, and me as it sounds like the wheel is about to fall off.

ive taken it to the near by dealers and they've had two looks at it now, and according to them there is nothing wrong with it. i clearly know theres something wrong with it, as it didn't do that in the beginning.

im wondering if anyone can shed light on my problem so i can tell the dealers were they problem is likely 2 to be etc

thanks for reading this and all, adios

tell your nissan garage to check there technical bulletins for the k12 to find one about the the front sub frame bolts you have to change them with different modified ones to stop the knocking

what nissan garage are you taking your car to??

LONG TERM SOLUTION-sell ur renault k12....sorry nissan k12, an buy a k11 :p

i was joking and realy, my reply is helpful, as there have been many repoted problems with the k12 that shouldnt be there, problems that are often assosiated with the bad build quality that comes with renaults, since renault now own nissan, i think if it was a car purely made by nissan then it would be better, why else would they make the new k11 with the cg13de/cg10de engine and not the k12's engine? if you look at the k11 there isnt half as many problems, infact, the k11 has less problems than most cars

Hi Guys

The major problem on this forum is people that have never driven or owned a K12 reading a lot of C***
elsewhere then making their decision based on that.:suspect:

I have 2 k12's & know a dozen or so owners & don't find any problems at all.

Dealers are the problem really as nearly every one has a very low trained workshop.
(Mine is at least).

I applied for a job their as a Mechanic but was disgusted by their complete lack of basic knowledge & ability.

Yes i have owned 2 K11's which where very reliable.
after a K12 i would never want another K11 as the K12 is so much more refined (understatement!)

RE: RE: can clever people help fix my k12???

ricardo_swarez said:
i was joking and realy, my reply is helpful, as there have been many repoted problems with the k12 that shouldnt be there, problems that are often assosiated with the bad build quality that comes with renaults, since renault now own nissan, i think if it was a car purely made by nissan then it would be better, why else would they make the new k11 with the cg13de/cg10de engine and not the k12's engine? if you look at the k11 there isnt half as many problems, infact, the k11 has less problems than most cars

who in there right mind would try and engineer k12 engines and transmission to fit in the k11? whats the comercial point ? the new k11's are made and sold as the market is there for them in taiwan. would profits go up if you spent millions on factory setup and distribution and fitting and design just so they can be sold with a newer stlye engine, in taiwan?

RickBlackK12 said:
The major problem on this forum is people that have never driven or owned a K12 reading a lot of C***
elsewhere then making their decision based on that.:suspect:

This is the MSC, we thrive on hearsay, rumour, and untruths.

FACT- the bolts from the front seats on the first few batches of k12's comes loose, and can cause the seat to actualy come up from the frame in heavy braking, they have to be replaced by different screws
FACT- the bolts that hold the steering k12's has, on alot of models not been tightened to the correct torque and so the steering wheel can become unresponsive, i dont no technical details on this or were the screws are,its just what i have read on forums after nissan have actualy sent letters out concering this problem
FACT- the body panels and dash boards have acutaly been missin screws due to not being correctly installed
FACT- the engine has reliablilty issues, and sometimes just doesn't start, nissan again have sent letters out to thousands conerning this asking owners to take there k12's to a nissan garage to make sure they dont have certain parts within there engines

This isnt hear say, its from actual k12 reviews from owners and car sites, everyone knows that the k12 has reliablility issues tah result from bad buil qualility wich is often ossociated with renault, i no, i owned a clio, and the build qualility was ****, the bash board actualy came away from the car even wen screwed down, and the indicator unit moved so i had to take the steering column surround of and refix it using thread glue and fitting a washer that they should have fitted, so dont say hear say, every1 knows they are unreliable,and if u dont go read some reviews

So far, Nissan have done two recalls for the seat problem, and the steering wheel bolt torque problem. No idea how many cars it affects though.

But, look at other cars... they all have the same kind of problems:
BMW Mini - STATIC DISCHARGE FIRE RISK DURING REFUELLING; FRONT SUSPENSION LOWER ARM MAY DETACH
Toyota Yaris - SECURITY OF REAR HUBS TO AXLE BEAM; REAR WHEELS MAY LOCK UNDER HARD BRAKING
Honda Civic - POSSIBILITY OF INCORRECT BRAKE OPERATION; REAR SUSPENSION LOWER ARM BOLTS COULD BREAK

All pretty serious problems, you'll probably agree. And you'll find people whining about them on the respective forums as well. People will always bring up the bad stuff, and forget the good.

all these problems and recalls are because nissan dont test thier product enough before they start selling them making the customers the testers

that is why you never buy anything when it comes out, cars, playstations etc, wait 6 months for all the probs to be fixed :D
The K12 is more refined that the K11 though, but I felt it had less character

i no all cars have problems but the k12 does seen to have more although newer ones have been refined and most problems fixed but i there are alotout there with realy bad build quality

oohh thank you fordy, thats grand. the garage im taking it to is the Nissan one in Crosby Liverpool on corrination road.

also ive already had the steering wheel problem.. garage said it was a one off kinda thing..

i agree about the quality thing, but i just like driving it. its a big gokart.

anyway thank you so much for the help, ill get the car booked in and have them bolts replaced.

thanks again, adios

bobee said:
ill get the car booked in and have them bolts replaced.

you need to get them to use the modified bolts, tell them theres a bulletin about it and they should find it, if they can't find it i will get the bulletin and pm you it

This thread has completely off topic and has now turned into a slagging match.

ricardo_swarez, i have already deleted some of your post's today. Im sorry but your humor does not come across that well on the forums.

This thread is going to be locked in

NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back