Cams, TB & Injectors

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Looking to upgrade all 3 of the above from 1.0 to 1.3, i know the cams make a noticeable difference here, but is there much gain from the TB and injectors?

Would i also need the fuel rail for the injectors if i were to fit them?

Jay

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
The cams will definitely make a difference, the throttlebody is the same 1 litre or 1.3 however your best bet is a ga15de as this is 5mm bigger and a direct swap. The ga16de throttle body also has a bigger air chamber however has no cold idle control because you remove it to fit the cg engines and has to be set up with the butterfly valve and far more hassle than its worth. The injectors have a different part number on a 1.3 but there is no real noticeable difference you would be better with either a gts skyline r33 fuel pump or ga16de injectors. Your ecu will control the amount of fuel that passes through the injectors anyway.
hope this helps

OP
OP
Primal_Concrete_Micra

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Cheers for your help Paul, i think i'll just go with the 1.3 cams then, as theres not much to be gained from the injectors and throttle body, not too bothered about making big changes to the engine so dont see it being worthwhile upgrading to all the 1.6 parts, but cheers for the offer mambo!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
1.3 cams in a CG10 make for a very good modification. With regard to injectors and the throttlebody, you'll be fine with both for the usual bolt on modifications. There's plenty of headroom in the fuelling system on a 1.0 engine. CG13's are a different matter however.

With regard to the GA16 injectors and a bit off topic but....

I would like to clarify on the capabilities of the GA16 injectors. GA16 injectors are just and I mean just good for 140hp and the duties are far from optimal, circa 95% duty, which is far from ideal.

Not many here push that far power wise but for 140bhp a more sensible choice of injectors, (based on 80% max duty), would be 230cc/min. 140hp+ I would recommend 270cc/min, which would see ~160hp comfortably.