cams & manifold

Manny

Ex. Club Member
:k11motors i got a 1 litre k11 96 wots best power gain is it 1.3 cams or janspeed manifold? wots the best power gain and which one is cheaper?

thnx 4 opinions in advance

ahmed

1.3 cams (about £30) will give about 5 hp more across the rev range
the manifold (£200) will give about 8 hp more but only at high revs

may be a bit more. iv put them in my 1.0 and id recommend them to anyone. you get to 3000rpm and it pulls like anything. with a janspeed manifold and back box you’ll hit 115mph.

also you don’t need any thing just a swop.

i hate the word check... check what....lol
yer thats right but you should not need to.

if joelh sells the shims as well you should be good.

i hate the word check... check what....lol
yer thats right but you should not need to.

Make sure the valve/cam/shim clearances are within tolerance, and it is not guaranteed that joelh's would automatically be the right ones for ahmeds engine. But, as you say, it *should* be ok

yeh come with shims i am in bradford alot too so your not that far from me

yeah bradfords not 2 faar. whose shims? is it difficult 2 put the cams in? can u put them in? let me know when u cum to bradford?

To do it totally correctly you would need to check and probably swap shims.

swop shims? u mean cams? changing cams must be a lot of work and time consuming.

ahmed

9 times out of 10 the shims dont need swopping, and its a 1hr job, go for it

thnx frank only 1hr doesnt seem like a big job then. u had urs changed?

may be a bit more. iv put them in my 1.0 and id recommend them to anyone. you get to 3000rpm and it pulls like anything. with a janspeed manifold and back box you’ll hit 115mph.

also you don’t need any thing just a swop.

does it pull like a turbo? lol
does it still struggle up hills?

ahmed

yes, 1.3,s then pipers (1.3,s are well worth doin, 5hp does,nt sound a lot but you,ve only got 55 and its right thro the rev range)

ahmed

yes, 1.3,s then pipers (1.3,s are well worth doin, 5hp does,nt sound a lot but you,ve only got 55 and its right thro the rev range)

who did u get yours done by? 1.3 well worth wot cams would u put in them?

ahmed

1.3 "cams" are well worth doing
i,de do it for you (for a fee :D ) and a light flywheel, but your too far away
the manifold ? i dunno because you,d have to declare it, but the other 2 mods would give you the pullaway of a stock 1.3 and cost no extra in fuel or insurance

no....
to say it short. coz they rattle and cost lodes.
but its the cheapest you can buy.

if your looking add good power to the car then you’ll need it.

if only more people moded micras parts would be cheaper.

the main thing to think about is not BHP but torque and it will give you a lot more. still don’t think it worth £200 tho.

BHP is just to show off with. it means nothing.

yeah maybe if it was slightly cheaper like £100 I might consdier it but I dont think £200 is worth to increase acceleration a bit.

ahmed

1.3 "cams" are well worth doing
i,de do it for you (for a fee :D ) and a light flywheel, but your too far away
the manifold ? i dunno because you,d have to declare it, but the other 2 mods would give you the pullaway of a stock 1.3 and cost no extra in fuel or insurance

wts the fee charge then mate? lol which 2 mods do ya mean?

yeah maybe if it was slightly cheaper like £100 I might consdier it but I dont think £200 is worth to increase acceleration a bit.

yeah ure right there 200 quid not worth doin if it only take effect on long run.
wait a while u might be able 2 get hold of 1

if to give a example of the pull its like vtec...lol
you get high end pull.

like a v-tec u must be jokin lol

i rang up a garage to enquire about puttin cams in, he said leave it with me a couple of days, cos u got to take out the timing chain out n that, labour he said was a woppin 250! is he robbin me?
1.3 engine would be cheaper init?

Back