Cam for the ST

Snikty

Site Supporter
Has anyone ever looked into improving the cam and if so what sort of gains do you stand to make?

I realise its a long shot, just thought I'd ask as I'm getting the head looked at and the guys working on it were curious as to wether anyone had previously done anything with the cam.

Cheers

Has anyone ever looked into improving the cam and if so what sort of gains do you stand to make?

I realise its a long shot, just thought I'd ask as I'm getting the head looked at and the guys working on it were curious as to wether anyone had previously done anything with the cam.

Cheers

I think you can get your own reprofiled by some company,forget the name now

Yeah I looked into it in the past. There is lots of room for improvement.

Yeah I looked into it in the past. There is lots of room for improvement.

Ok thanks, Ed. They seemed to think exactly the same thing, I just hadn't heard any mention of it previously.

This stuff's a bit advanced for me but is there anything specific to the ST that people who know about reprofiling cams should know before attempting?? They spoke of a 'fairly standard' advanced turbo profiling...I dont properly understand what that means...but I'm assuming that because I don't plan to take the boost over about 1.2 this will give me improved breathing for the boost I intend to run... correct??

Back