Cables ready for speakers on 5 door "s"?

Hello,

I've got my first jap car :) and my first question is. Are the cables already in the rear doors, even though there's no speakers?

Thanks

Jim

Well I just been to the local scrap yard and I found a mirca "s" 5 door with rear speakers, So this fills me with hope that the wires are there enough mine came with no rear speakers. Also I can't seem to find a guide for Speaker install for rear doors on a mirca k12 so I might, give my hand of doing a guide

Well, I've just taken the rear door card off... There's no speakers cables. but when I take the B piller cover off, looks like the speaker cables make it that far but they run into a connector block, that terminates them, and only the locking cables are taken into the door. So looks like I need to go back to the scrap yard and take the rear door looms as well!

Been back to the scrap yard, but he only had one door loom left for the rear doors, so I took that to try. Pleased to say that's all you need to add speakers to the rear doors, a door loom with a speaker cable on it and a speaker. I guess if you know what your doing you could add cables to the connector block that's in the b piller, and put your own cables in. But at least we know now it can be done. When I do the other side I'll add pictures, I didn't do it today as typical liquid sunshine made me rush it.

I did keep my eye out for a 3 door, but they only had 5's so I can't say what you need to do to add rears in a 3 door.

Hi did you have any pics as im hopefully going to do the same as I dont have any rear door speakers and had the door card off and no cables I've also took the b pillar off but not sure what cables they are

Hello, I did take pictures, but I moved house not long after, do you think I can find the sd card I used?... nope. But I can try and answer some questions if you like

Hello, I did take pictures, but I moved house not long after, do you think I can find the sd card I used?... nope. But I can try and answer some questions if you like

Lol always the case I have a 5 door 2005/2006 (55 plate) 5 door micra s not sure if its preface lift or facelift but I dont have rear door speakers either I took door card off and its just foam and no sign of the speaker cables what part of the car is the b pillar lol sorry noob here lol

Thanks

Mines the same age 2006 on a 55 plate, I think I'm right in saying if you have clear front indicaters, it's a facelift which is what I have. Yeah I had the foam stuff, it just covers where the speaker would be. I replaced the door looms for ones that had the speaker wires. Which connect to a connecter in the b pillar it's behind the the big plastic cover on the bottom half of the pillar which pulls off. Then there's a small plastic cover about in the middle of the pillar, which hides the connection for the rear doors. This is where the rear speaker cables stop, you could cut into it but I have no idea which wire is which, so I just got the door looms for £10 each with the speakers included from a scrappy

Mines the same age 2006 on a 55 plate, I think I'm right in saying if you have clear front indicaters, it's a facelift which is what I have. Yeah I had the foam stuff, it just covers where the speaker would be. I replaced the door looms for ones that had the speaker wires. Which connect to a connecter in the b pillar it's behind the the big plastic cover on the bottom half of the pillar which pulls off. Then there's a small plastic cover about in the middle of the pillar, which hides the connection for the rear doors. This is where the rear speaker cables stop, you could cut into it but I have no idea which wire is which, so I just got the door looms for £10 each with the speakers included from a scrappy
Brilliant thanks ill go to scrappy tomorrow I know its off topic but with you having same year car does your outside temperature and trip computer in your speedo work as mine isn't showing up and apparently we cannot fit the trip computer above the radio as its a different iso in the facelift models

Thanks again for your help great news that I will be able to add speakers first job tomorrow for me

All mine has is a clock and a trip, Iam guessing the higher specs have outside temp. When I changed the stereo I didn't see any extra cables in that area so I don't know about adding the extra screen in the middle. You can get universal outside temp kits on eBay, no idea if there any good mind

All mine has is a clock and a trip, Iam guessing the higher specs have outside temp. When I changed the stereo I didn't see any extra cables in that area so I don't know about adding the extra screen in the middle. You can get universal outside temp kits on eBay, no idea if there any good mind

Ok thanks ya I dont seem to have outside temp or mpg average displaying on the speedo may see if it can be done lol think its the preface lift that have the screens as ours have a totally different iso I was hoping to fit electric wing mirrrows but that might be out the question due to the wiring

Thanks again have you done any other mods just for some ideas and nice that we have same year as they seem to vary quite a bit though the years,

I've not really done real modding really, changed the head unit, added rear speakers, changed the wiper linkage, brakes, roof rack with box. Boring old man spec

What have you done/ plan to do?

Nothi g at the moment just done radio and front tweeters as there was non going to hopefully do rear ones tomorrow oh and done boot light and a few other stock things that wasn't there was hoping to do the stock fog lights but the chances of the wiring been there is slim the wires for the tweeters wasn't even there lol

What have you done/ plan to do?

Hi got the rear looms today did you have to get the full loom including the plug that goes into the central locking ect it was you able to just get the speaker wireing loom as I had to get the total full loom so will have too take the full looms out tomorrow lol

I just swapped them 1 for 1, have fun catching your hands on the inside of the doors

Well all done and was a simple enough job thanks to you for your thread othewise I would of ended up taking the wires back to the head unit (asuming I didnt have and to start with)

Thanks again

Back