Cable from cabin to engine bay?

M

Melanie

Is there an easy route from the cabing to the engine bay that I can run a cable?

Ive juts had a torch behind pretty much everything but cant find a way through.

thanks

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
sketch said:
There are rubber gromets in the bulkhead. Just poke them through there.
one is located to the back right of the engine (if u were standing in front of it) just some black rubber thing poke a hole n slip wire through

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
yeh as zephyr says! The wire should come throo just at the glove box you may need to fondle around to get it, plus ther is a lot of foam there for insulation. Once you have got the wire throo remember and seal the gromit again or you will have wet feet when it rains hehehe

Daz :alien:

R

ricardo_swarez

theres usualy a hole in the rubber seal, that you can push the wire straight through, also theres a hole in the insulation, but its just below the seal on the inside of the car, when you pull the seal out, have a look though the hole and you should see the hole in the insulation

OP
OP
M

Melanie

Thanks a lot for the help.

I managed to get it through like you said. Took a while tho!

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
K10Daz said:
Once you have got the wire throo remember and seal the gromit again or you will have wet feet when it rains hehehe

Daz :alien:

u drive with no bonnet on or bonnet up?? lmao :p

RHD Micra, Spirita Auto 2006. There is a hole on mine in the engine side padding where described but no hole in the metal (?air bag the other side). But a few inches above the steering shaft joint protrusion there is a square shaped plug with a hole over an inch square giving very easy access through to the engine area.