C+C Price

P

plant

We had a "state of the company" brief by the MD today, in it he said the C+C will go on sale in September (as planned) priced at 11,500 quid.
I sat in one the other day (an unfinished one mind)and wasn't impressed with the room in it. Hopefully the seats that were in it were not the production ones, my head was almost touching the roof, which is very steeply raked back and if I had to stop suddenly, my forehead would be smashed against the trim around the forward edge of the roof. In the back is a joke, although there were no rear seats in, there was only about 2 feet of space with the driver seat right back, I'm only 5' 10''. So unless your rear passengers are in child seats or have no legs, it looks like it'll be a 2 seater, with 2 useless seats in the back for shopping bags. Couple of other things, it's a 1.6, which I think has already been mentioned and it'll have 16'' 10 or 11 spoke wheels from the 1.6 SR, though these ones fitted were black
On another note, Nissan are only losing 50M (yes, thats 50,000,000) Euros per year on the Micra, which is the lowest figure in it's class, and hope to break even in 2007

B

Beachboy

is that loss figure for just car sales? or does it include the big profits they make from selling spare parts for the car?

B

Beachboy

isnt a new micra k13 due for production in 2007 in japan? according to the new nissan life cycle of car models.

OP
OP
P

plant

Dunno, the K11 was nearly 10 years old when that got phased out, and were making the BXO cylinder head for another 6 years, I think.

B

Beachboy

mr carlos nissan said he wants his new cars to have much shorter life span than 10 years when commenting on the micra, he said around 5 years or so for a model. which in 2007 makes the japanese k12 5 years old.

B

Beachboy

there is teaser c+c site on nissan.co.uk now. it says plently of room for 4 adults....
out at end of year. maybe this means september?
no engine details yet.
still dont know if hr15de or hr16de, plant do you know?
will be on 16" alloys like the k12 SR will be.
who would have thought of the day when a micra comes standard with 16" alloys! a good upgrade for new buyers of the c+c/SR will be to get some 14" k11 alloys put on. would make a nice performance increase.

OP
OP
P

plant

We were told that it will be a 1.6 engine, not made or built at Sunderland, so I don't know which one it is, tho more than likely the same one as the SR

OP
OP
P

plant

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/spyshots-2005/N/nissan/micra-cc_page_3.html

J

Jim

why release a convertible micra in september? o_O why not may or june or something?

they deserve not to sell any!

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
I'm sure I read/heard from somewhere that the winter time is when most convertibles are sold? Like a christmas present to themself maybe?

B

Beachboy

there must be a reason. as other manufacturers are launching there convertibles near the end of the year aswell. could be a reverse pshycology thing. customers buying their convertable in winter thinking it will be cheaper as its off season? i dont know.