C+C front bumper moulding/skirt doesn't exist?!

Hi, I am new here with a question about our treasured 2006 10k mile K12 Micra C+C Sport.

There is a black plastic moulding/skirt fitted below the front bumper which is damaged on our car and was hanging off due to the 2 end screw holes having been split wide open after catching a high kerb.

I went to our local Nissan dealers (Evans Halshaw) to enquire the cost of a replacement part but they could not identify it from their computer exploded diagram of our chassis number, saying that the part does not appear to exist.

I have temporarily bodged a repair by fitting a sufficiently large washer under the end screw which is holding it in place but would appreciate any help in identifying the replacement Nissan part number. I could just remove the whole thing but it must have been fitted for a reason and I would rather replace it. It is clearly visible on all photos of the pre-facelift C+C that I have seen.

Thanks for any help.

Ian

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I know this probably won't help, but it's worth pestering them or any Nissan dealership to try find the part you need. It has to be available. I used to work at a car dealership, and then a motorbike dealership - both as parts advisors. Literally every single part for every car/bike was available, right down to the last nut and bolt. And if it wasn't showing on the system, we would always call the factory to order it straight from them, as they will definitely have one available. Just ask them to call the factory to se if they have one there, they can't exactly say no because they want your business.

OP
OP
E
Thanks for your help. The parts department at our dealership is a girl at a desk tucked away behind reception so you have to sit in the showroom while they search their system and you cannot even look at the screen to help them! I must have been there for over half an hour while they waited for her to return from wherever. She said she would phone when she found it (last Wednesday) but hasn't done yet so I have emailed Nissan customer service to see if they can help.

essexpunx

Site Supporter
I'd try a different Nissan dealer, they usually let you identify the part on the screen if they're not sure, sounds to me like the parts dept you went to was pretty useless.

OP
OP
E
Adam, Thank you so much for taking the time to list those suppliers. I have ordered it tonight and you have saved me the trouble of following Nissan Customer Service's advice to go and ask my dealer again. :doh:

At £9.43 including VAT I think you may have saved me some money as well.

Thanks again,

Ian

OP
OP
E
Ah well, back to the drawing board. The new part arrived today but unfortunately does not fit. The original one has 10 locating tabs with a part number 96015 BC400 stamped on it and the new one has 11 locating tabs in different places from the slots in the bumper. 96015 AX600 must have been perhaps 2003-2006 only and ours a MY2007 registered in Septmeber 2006? I would never have thought that the Micra K12 C+C would have a different front bumper from its near identical K12 hatchback cousin. Back to the dealer I suppose :doh:

OP
OP
E
I don't know but I have asked the question. I think they have to collect and refund in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations. They have supplied a part which is not as claimed so we shall see.

OP
OP
E
sorry it did not fit:down::down: Will they except refunds :doh:
Yes, the part was collected and refunded in full after I contacted them. 5 stars to Imperial Crash Repair Parts for their impeccable service. If anyone else needs this part for a Micra C+C the correct part number is 96015 BC400 and it cost £15.25 + VAT from my Nissan Dealer who got it quickly when I gave them the part number.