Buzzer on back of dials?

MLC2

Ex. Club Member
Had the instrument cluster out this afternoon and noticed a buzzer on the back of it with the lead to it taken off and taped up.
There are some Jap symbols on the terminal, and the track disappears into the speedo electronics and is marked 100K.
Thought hmmm 100Km/H speed limit warning? - so connected it back up and went for a spin around the block....

Not a peep out of it. I guess I should do something annoying though to have been disconnected?

i think there is a 100kmh warning on the ST as i have seen this on another thread somewhere, also on my auto when i put it into reverse a beeping came from the speedo console? might be linked?

It's not the lights buzzer that's under the dash somewhere.
Thought about it since posting and I bet its a seatbelt warning that comes on when you reach a certain speed. Will try it tomorrow.

Thats a speed warning. A requirement for cars in Japan. It would drive you insane hence why its been disconnected. (I told Andy how to do it years ago :) )

The loose wire is probably a pull to ground connection, however its control is all mechanical. You will see if you look at the speedo mech. Its quite strange,

Back