Buying a Micra - what to look for?

M

Melanie

Firstly Hello,

Im going to look at an 02 plate Micra 1.0 S with 23,000 miles on the clock tomorrow.

I know this has probably been asked many times (I did a search but could not find much) but could you please give me a quick list of things I should look out for?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Melanie

Being an 02 there shouldn't be any problems with the sills or crossmember, but if you want to make sure they should be in good condition with the jack points looking straight as the bend over time.

Best to just look at engine bay and bodywork for any signs of repairs, make sure all doors, boot and bonnet sit/close properly with no big gaps, check tyres including spare.

Test drive, find a quiet straight road and let go for a few seconds to see if tracking is ok (no left or right swirving), maybe a motorway drive.

yeh i recommend motorway if u can if it "shakes" at bout 60mph then it most likely been curbed on a wheel b4 as mine was but didnt know till i brought it n only found out after being on the motorway generally look at stone chips if the odd panel colour looks slightly off any oil excessive oil in engine bay hmmm all lights work wont really matter but u could check the back of the headlights n c if the plastic is melted if it is u can prob try get abit of a discount cuz it cost u 2 fix it do the usual checks like press on the corner to c if the suspension settles or bounces (should just settle without bounce) test the steering if there is any play in it hmmm being 02 like he said there shouldnt b much wrong but u can always check all this stuff dont hurt lol

Thank you.

I bought the car lastnight.

Its a 02 plate with 17500 miles on the clock and totally pristine. I managed to get it for £2600 which I thought was pretty good.

So far I really like the car, its easy to drive and very nippy!

Im wanting to change the oil (even though its due a service in a bit) but cant seem to find either a. the oil filter or b. how much oil it takes (searched net).

Any ideas??

I looked in Halfords for a Haynes but they only went up to T reg.

Well done on the car, thats pretty cheap and quite good mileage, best thing to do now is look after it, full service, I'd personally get the sills and member protected with underbody sealer as they are usually are the first to go on a car.

Haynes manual, I think you can use that one as the cars are mainly different cosmetically (someone correct me if am wrong)

If you need anymore advice you'll get it here!

And welcome to the MSC

not 100% sure but i "think" the oil filter is near the passenger side round back n oil i think it takes 2.5-3l ? need another member 2 comfirm :) (just saying incase no one says nothing but this should give u an idea)

Just phoned Nissan UK and for future reference its:

3.0l with filter change
2.8l without filter change

Cool, thanks for that :)

Well done on the car too, sounds like you got a good deal, got any pics of it?

Welcome to the MSC! :)

James.

Melanie said:
I looked in Halfords for a Haynes but they only went up to T reg.
yeh i know how it is mines a 00 reg micra haynes still does generally help tho still worth it to buy (not from halfords tho dont pay £20 go ebay for a £5 or something :p) differences i know bout mine r the throttle bodies r different u have coil packs instead of a dizzy (distrobuter) facelifted dash (+digi clocks) hmmm the alternater connections r slightly different if u dont have rev counter the wires u need r in the loom to ur dash (or so i been told havent gotten round 2 fitting one yet) well theres a handful of things :)

Back