Buying a fast jap car..

Starlet is decent, but not that fast out of the box. 1st and 2nd are decent, then after that its a bit pants. Standard they dont pull too the redline, and struggle over 100mph. You honestly have to put another 2k into it for any real fun. And they handle like crap.

with about 2.5k spent on it its fun.. But add that too 2.5k of car and its quite expensive imo. Shifts though

http://ianw28.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gt2.avi - low boost ;)

S14a Silvia, SR20DET, RWD, 200BHP.

800px-Nissan_200SX_S14a_Black_Stock.JPG

Its all about the integra DC5 for me, (i am bias tho lol)

Best FF handling car around (they are truly awesome),

150mph+ top speed,

0-60 about 6 seconds

contrast that with 43mpg if you really try, name me a car that can beat those figures

Stunning looks (obvioulsy personal opinion)

Recaros, Brembos, modern interia, Vtec, Awesome reliablity only a 2.0L so you could be paying only £185 p/year on tax, all as standard! huge boot, room for 4 passengers etc etc the list goes on

Its all about the integra DC5 for me,

only a 2.0L so you could be paying only £185 p/year on tax,

208g/km = £210 road tax, then going up to £310 when the new banding takes effect. unless you can get a dc5 on old tax system?

not sure on your mpg figures though, autotrader says;

Fuel Consumption (Urban) 23.3 mpg
Fuel Consumption (ExtraUrban) 40.9 mpg
Fuel Consumption (Combined) 32.1 mpg

although i do like the dc5, but prices start around £8500 on autotrader. could buy a p1 impreza for that and possibly pay less road tax

egherm... whats wrong with the DC2???

I never post on this forum as I don't have a micra anymore. But as an ex owner of 2 x K10s, now got a dc2 and wouldn't change it for anything (apart from a skyline gt-r ;)). It's not the fastest for straight line speed but round corners and with the feeling of power beyond power on vtec its gotta be the most fun to drive - esp. winging it down b roads etc :).
Has a similar rawness to the K10, mainly down to the complete lack of sound proofing. A test drive is highly recommended!!

You are all making my decision a lot harder lol. I have looked at smaller cars like the Glanza's etc and I am tempted, especially as they are cheaper to start with. Might have another look at Pulsar's... god I really don't know anymore!

Alan, if you need any contacts I know of a couple of good reputable import garages.

If you need anymore info the glanza, just send me a PM.

Kev

/\ i had one..... and crashed one..... but loved it to pieces.

handled like it was on rails, could rev the tatties off it and would quite easily do 140mph...

MMMMM

this is what mine looked like, miami blue, 3 door with the gti-16 finishing kit.

olivierameau_1111534098_gti16a.jpg

lol we're slowly getting towards the regular end of the spectrum here. Soon i'll be a 1.0 fiesta and a 750cc panda.

if you are thinking of small cars as well which i think is a wise decision considering how much skylines and co cost to run! EK9 type r in championship white! Bright red recaro seats and 0-60 in under 6 seconds! that's the type R of all type Rs!

/\ i had one..... and crashed one..... but loved it to pieces.

handled like it was on rails, could rev the tatties off it and would quite easily do 140mph...

MMMMM

this is what mine looked like, miami blue, 3 door with the gti-16 finishing kit.

olivierameau_1111534098_gti16a.jpg

I want one now, more then a 205, and I've wanted a 205 for ages. But I'll never be able to afford the insurance for another 6 years or so :(

I wanted a 1.6 205 though. The 1.9 isn't as rev happy.

i got insured on my GTI at 20 having passed my test at 19, for £1500 third party fire and theft.

and it had done 65000 miles, origonal radio, peugeot rubber mats, the roof spoiler for the sunroof (easily breaks off but mine had it) full magnex stainless manifold with group N peugeot sport back end in stainless, belgian speed lines (same as french but magnesium) Wilwood 4 pot calipers up front, green cotton panel filter (well tube) and it went like stink!!!
cost me £700 and i rolled it into a field. (not my fault it lost the backend over a crest)

and theres nothing wrong with french cars, if you gtet a propper one.
205 GTI
309 GTI
309 GTI-16
405 T16

45mph in a 60. its a notorious road and i didnt know at the time, no street lights, no road markings, it was wet, and at night and 309's are tail happy..

ask colin mcrae (if you could) he seemed to like them.

45mph in a 60. its a notorious road and i didnt know at the time, no street lights, no road markings, it was wet, and at night and 309's are tail happy..

Sounds like its your fault to me! :) I'm not being patronising, i certainly don't judge someones driving on if they had a crash or not, it means nothing; simply saying that you were driving beyond the conditions of the road, we can't rely on roadsigns to tell us theres a corner!
I.e. i nearly crashed the K10 before i sold it, lost the backend on some mud in the road, i didn't know they mud was their, but i DID know that with the new tires the car was backend happy, luckily i recovered it, but still entirely my fault.

wasnt just that. there was a car coming the other way with mains and fogs on.

so i couldnt see the road. whats worse is that i turned in a braked and over a crest it just slid..... couldnt catch it before it slid into a ditch and out the other side with a pancaked roof..

havent lost any car before or since.

I think i've made a decision, and its not Skyline or Supra!

Now looking around for the car in question! A hint - A lot of people said to me "I should have just bought one of these to start with".. :)

hehe :)

4wd, very powerful, strong engine, look good, not that common either and Nissan :D - and, a fully loaded one costs about 4/5 grand, compared to double that for a half decent supra!

Something a little unique, like a VZ-R?

http://www.importmonster.com.au/vie...thumb-123120938493101.jpg&title=E JN15 SR16VE

http://www.importmonster.com.au/vie...-thumb-1235031394732565.jpg&title=JN15 SR16VE

They are both the 'lesser version' of the sr16, so originally 129kw, which is still very nice. Red top engines have higher comp pistons and were 147kw.

I wouldn't seriously recomend buying a car from japan over the web though. But there are some nice unique JDM pulsars.
^^^^ what he said!

Get the VZ-R N1, 1.6 with 197bhp! Highest specific output car in the world until the Honda S2000 came along!

to back ant up, i have to admit torsion bars make the back end really stiff...witch isnt good.

as for GTIR's, i have been to have a look at a few at importers...and both of them, the rear archs where just made of rust!

i know almera GTI's can be bad on the rear archs around the seat belt mounts, and front archs seem to go slowly...

personaly my choice would be VZR, s2000, integra dc5, ek9 civic type r or my cheaper options would be an mx-5 & delsol..or a 200sx simply because its turbo...saying ythat i quite like st202 celica GT4's lol, but thats me :)

Some of you guys seem to be really detached from reality, considering it was meant to be a serious thread.

sierra cosworths lived and rusted but they're still legends lol i'd have one but at the moment i cant really say as i may have to take the micra off the road ;o(

Some of you guys seem to be really detached from reality, considering it was meant to be a serious thread.

in what way?

i dont see anyone talking about him buying a bugatti veyron powered by fairy liquid or a flying goblin car with frogs leg suspension and lark's vomit paintwork.
all is real.

Back