Buying a fast jap car..

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
in what way?

i dont see anyone talking about him buying a bugatti veyron powered by fairy liquid or a flying goblin car with frogs leg suspension and lark's vomit paintwork.
all is real.

lmao! I do appreciate the responces, and yes they're mostly all realistic possibilities.. Ok maybe not the S15 Sylvia as much as i love them, but some of these cars, good ones, are a bit over budget. I've gone off the idea of supra's and skylines because of the size of them - they're not that practical where i live. One day though

Bash1989

Ex. Club Member
lmao now we're talking about flying cars what about ron weasleys flying ford anglia? or the dmc delorean out of back to the future lmao ........sorry couldnt resist oh and i forgot they aint jap lol

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
I think so, but apparently they need rebuilds or something quite a lot? I don't think Arnold wants to be doing that! :p

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yeah lovely looking cars, but rebuilds every 60'000 miles i'm told - which is still quite a lot, but i do quite like the look of Pulsars now! don't change my mind again :)

Ian

Ex. Club Member
in what way?

i dont see anyone talking about him buying a bugatti veyron powered by fairy liquid or a flying goblin car with frogs leg suspension and lark's vomit paintwork.
all is real.

Turbo N1. 7k for the car then a turbo conversion ;o

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
FWD is a fault for that car.

You obviously havent driven one or been in one

LSD FTW ;)

They do not perform like normal FF cars i promise that

208g/km = £210 road tax, then going up to £310 when the new banding takes effect. unless you can get a dc5 on old tax system?

Yup, PLG and that means it is not effected by government hikes either it will stay £185, brilliant loophole that has now been closed :)

not sure on your mpg figures though, autotrader says;

Fuel Consumption (Urban) 23.3 mpg
Fuel Consumption (ExtraUrban) 40.9 mpg
Fuel Consumption (Combined) 32.1 mpg

Check this out,
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22343

and if you cant view that link i managed 460miles out of 47.84 litres!

Just thought i would confirm some details,

and £8500 for a car like this is a steal i paid a lot more for mine.

Back on topic, good luck with the search for the pulsar, have you thought about importing one fresh? i can reccommend a VERY good importer if you like :)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
There are hundreds of good pulsars in the UK no point in importing. I think there may now be more pulsars in the UK than japan or something silly :)

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
What is it like actually insuring a Pulsar - I'm looking for something new but needs to have ~300 brake and not be front driven (sorry sidetrack)?

My advice would be get a 2-seater while you're still young and don't need the rear seats for babies etc.

Craig

You obviously havent driven one or been in one

LSD FTW ;)

They do not perform like normal FF cars i promise that

It's not so much the handling I'm talking about, FF cars just cannot apply an X amount of power to the wheels whilst steering. FF cars with slip diff can handle exceptionally well, but still cannot compare to a FR or AWD.

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
It really depends on what you want, my next car deffo has to be rwd simply because i'd like to experience it! :) I'd much rather have FF with the snow weve had, (or AWD), but FR's are supposed to be better cornering, i can't really comment as the only rwd i've driven are bikes and go-karts!

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
It's not so much the handling I'm talking about, FF cars just cannot apply an X amount of power to the wheels whilst steering. FF cars with slip diff can handle exceptionally well, but still cannot compare to a FR or AWD.

It depends what you want your car to do tbh (i know this is going off topic so please delete if its too far off)

If you want to drift then yes 4wd and FR will obviously be better but...

If you want a full package ie a faster car then i can dig out some more stats for you with regards to lap times if you like.

The fact is that a measly 220 bhp FF will be able to keep up with a 300bhp 4wd if you're talking about scoobies evo's etc.

(they are the direct comparison cars that i would consider).

FR, yeah very hard to beat lol

There are hundreds of good pulsars in the UK no point in importing. I think there may now be more pulsars in the UK than japan or something silly :)

TBH i would personally import fresh based on some of the owners pulsars attract lol. im sure there are loads that are still really good but fresh imports you know they are good. (well from the importer i have in mind anyway)

either or im happy to pass on details if you are interested alan

The problem with these kind of cars is that they're popular in the import scene, which most likely means that the owner has fiddled with things.

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
That's been past 5 owners in as many months.

Also its NO WHERE near the claimed 400bhp or if it is its running on borrowed time as from the pics it still has standard airflow meter that is only good for about 330bhp max.

:)

I emailed the bloke and said

Hi there. Have you got a rolling road print out to prove the BHP figure? Also, how come your selling it? Any rust / dings or issues anywhere on the car? Cheers, Alan.

His reply

got print out going from 285 to 355 car has bin tuned up more now (ruff guess at bhp)

Guesstimate figures and didn't even bother to reply about the other questions so yeah i'd avoid that one!