Bumper repair advice

Hey just looking for some advice on how to approach a DIY repair on a rather nasty scuff the previous owner put in Lara's rear bumper. Really let's the car down
6f58cf73b7dd3153a2052a2c5339809d.jpg

Hey just looking for some advice on how to approach a DIY repair on a rather nasty scuff the previous owner put in Lara's rear bumper. Really let's the car down
6f58cf73b7dd3153a2052a2c5339809d.jpg

Easiest way would be to find a bumper in the same colour on ebay. Or find an identical car being broken. I've bought some panels before for not much more than paint would have been

Hard colour to come across it would seem! But I have been keeping an eye out and think I'll just wait until one turns up. Will probably just sand it down in the meantime to make it less of an eye sore? Ha

Hard colour to come across it would seem! But I have been keeping an eye out and think I'll just wait until one turns up. Will probably just sand it down in the meantime to make it less of an eye sore? Ha

Im lucky that hammerite silver is a close match :p

Yep, sand it down and just spray a little over the top, or put a sticker over it :p

Sand the high spots off. 2 coats of a heavy build primer or quick skim of bodyfiller. Sand smooth and paint. Don't be put off by painting. Its easy really as long as you take your time and give light coats

Back