Bumper fixings

Hi peeps,

I have a family member with a k13 dig-s tekna micra that's had a bit of an issue.

We're thinking someone may have bumped it in a work car park and damaged the bumper fixings. 70 miles away the bumper fell off!

Fortunately the car wasn't actually moving when this happened so there is virtually no damage to the bumper.

However it's noted that pretty much all of the fixings have vanished.

Unfortunately, I'm not local to the vehicle but I will be travelling over to re-attach for them.

Can someone please advise the fixings required? The top clips appear to be 8mm. Are the clips for the wheel liners the same?

How is the underside attached?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I have not done it myself, but it looks like a few clips along the top, bolts either end. Probably a few clips on the under side.

Just removed one of the clips along the top and they are 8mm holes. They look the same as the arch liner at an initial glance, but not measured.

As an emergency, you could probably get away with using a few zip ties in key locations. if its been ripped of, the original mounting holes maybe damaged so I would take a drill to make new ones!

Some screen grabs from the service manual:
1628607297891.png

1628608282642.png

1628608013002.png

I have not done it myself, but it looks like a few clips along the top, bolts either end. Probably a few clips on the under side.

Just removed one of the clips along the top and they are 8mm holes. They look the same as the arch liner at an initial glance, but not measured.

As an emergency, you could probably get away with using a few zip ties in key locations. if its been ripped of, the original mounting holes maybe damaged so I would take a drill to make new ones!

Some screen grabs from the service manual:
View attachment 75597
View attachment 75599
View attachment 75598
Hi SplanK!

Thanks for the reply, and double thanks for taking the time to actually check your own fixings!

It is currently held on with cable ties in key places, but isn't exactly secure. She's a nervous driver at best so better not leave it flapping around in the wind :D

Good forward thinking taking a drill and creating new holes! I will do exactly that.

I'll figure some magical bodge out one or the other, I'm good at that!

I've just ordered some 8mm push clips (y)

Thanks again,
Chris

Back