Bumper Done!

Lou

Ex. Club Member
Thanks Guys, i got the Haynes manual in the end, which tells you there are 3 clips on the grill, not the 5 that i found! lol!

But its okies, all changed over now, lookin good! Really happy! Super S stylee 5 Doors rule!

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
The Haynes manual is wrong (should have mentioned), glad you got sorted, so you got a 5dr with SuperS bumpers, so do I.

Any pics?

OP
OP
L

Lou

Ex. Club Member
rear super s isnt on yet, i will do pics when dad uploads the cam software to the network lol!

looks v good, with the 45mm drop, and when i put the wheels on quick made it look v v v fat!

gettin rid of the door black bits 2moz, so the car is white all over! yey!

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Hey, we're gonna have the same motor at this rate!

So far - SuperS bumpers + spoiler, colour coded handles, removed side strips, clear rear clusters/side indicators, black/silver dash, recovered door cards

OP
OP
L

Lou

Ex. Club Member
fibreglass door cards in room waitin for spraying, super s front bumper, super s rear now, super s boot, custom m3 skirts, 45mm drop, 15's, smooth sides, tints all round, custom install

to be done - dehandled and locked, smoothed boot,

OP
OP
L

Lou

Ex. Club Member
yeh, she is lookin alrite, need to get sony camera software, cant find the disc! anywhere know where to upload the USB driver for one?

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
sounds like a beast :p

Yea i think were all after pics :)

i'd like to know how much effort it is to take the back bumper off :)

OP
OP
L

Lou

Ex. Club Member
right, rear bumper wasnt done by me! lol! thank heavens, done by a mate as he crashed into the old one damaging it! lol!

i hear it is rather simple affair to do! not apparently hard!

well ill do pics, damn ive got steelies on for cleaning the alloys, but ill whack two on or mebbe the whole set if i have time on sunday! lol! should look so much better! clean her and give her a photo session!

NeX

Club Member
:down: i'll have to experiment and see if i can get the bumper off.

Yea i keep meaning to give my car a clean and a photo shoot but i'm always too busy modding it :)

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
The rear bumper should be easy as long as you have not had a little rear-ender as this can bend the crash bar that the bumper bvolts onto

NeX

Club Member
i haven't had a rear end bump but i think someone else has cos the bumper doesn't line up all the way. (one of the resons for taking it off )

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Well you may have to get frustrated and hit the bumpoer when you try and take it off as some of the bolts will rub (can't think of a better word) wqith the holes that they go through. I think I kinda bent the bar a bit before I took it off, I know I did a little bit of bending afterwards

NeX

Club Member
frustration and hitting go hand in hand hehe

no doubt i'll hit something and swear alot :)

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
You will definately need a tea break when you get it off and some nice aggressive music on the stereo :DD

Oh and be prepared to get crap in your eyes when you go underneath if for the bolts there

NeX

Club Member
thanks i'll keep that in mind :laugh:

right now i'm trying to get a new bumper grill and bonnet ready for painting so it'll be a while till it try it hehe

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
RE: RE: Bumper Done!

Craig said:
Well you may have to get frustrated and hit the bumpoer when you try and take it off as some of the bolts will rub (can't think of a better word) wqith the holes that they go through. I think I kinda bent the bar a bit before I took it off, I know I did a little bit of bending afterwards

Soon as I read the end bit I just laughed, look as his avatar!

"I'm Bender, I bend girders!"

LOL

I'm just being silly I know

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Yeah bender is cool, but I rally do like Zoidberg
Family guy I think is often just not funny, guess I have not seen enough to get hooked yet