Bump Stops... Seriously where are they???

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Right. This is the third thread on bump stops I've started and still seem to be getting nowhere (thanks tho for previous helpful suggestions). So I'm after a pair of front bump stops for my K10. As far as I can tell dimensions are approx. 85mm long, 52mm wide with a bore of 18-19mm that tapers down to 16-17mm.

- Powerflex SAF014 seems to be a good fit but shorter. Look similar to the Figaro ones.
- The expert staff at Halfords don't know what a bump stop is
- My local motor factors only stock flimsy looking universal fit ones (£20 ea. !!)
- This link has been recommended but states they are for the rear and postage is expensive.
- These Figaro ones (scroll down the page a bit) might be a possibility but are expensive and don't look much like the ones in the Haynes picture...

I'm baffled by many things. Why replacement shocks come with bump stops for the rear and not the front? Why do simple K10 replacements not exist? Surely other people on here have had to find replacement bump stops recently? Do K11 bump stops fit?

If anybody can help with comments on the links above, suggestions of other places to look or even more useful, pictures of a K10 front bump stop so I've got an idea what it should look like. I've got new KYB gas shocks and lowering springs ready to go and it's really frustrating! Thanks.

Thanks frank. I got excited there thinking K11's would be easy to find but pretty much just as difficult online. Might be able to order in my motor factors. Any idea where the K11 guys get theirs from?

Thanks karl. Pm'd.

I'd still like to get any info on getting hold of these things for the sake of anyone else who will no doubt be looking for them in the future.

Back