Bumhats - just bent metal though.

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Today my Micra died. Or more to the point, I suppose I killed it. Nose on into the armco, after braking (too?) heavily and loosing control, as a car pulled out into the outside lane, that I though was clear all the way to the roundabout.

DSCF2400.jpg

DSCF2401.jpg

DSCF2402.jpg

So I need another car, preferably a pre-face K11 but anything with 4x100 would be fine with me.

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Cheers fella's, I'm fine. I doesn't look to me like it will live again, the off side engine mount is twisted, which says that the chassis leg is bent. The front crossmember didn't do a lot to keep them parrallel - It was a job on the too do list. Bloody annoying that it was the Euro spec tail light that broke when it rolled back round and nudged the back end in as well.

B

blobbletec

Oh no gutted for you, thats a real shame,one of the best lookin micras on the planet.. i notice it even smashed your lhd lamp..!

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
Ouch i read your build thread only yesterday, its a great shame, but glad to hear you're getting straight back on the horse.

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Shlt happens mate, glad your alright and hey it's served it's purpose and your not hurt that's the main thing

Is it worth trying to straighten it out??

:( sorry to see this mate, really liked that car.
Oh well, spend some time and get yourself a nice clean new one to fit all the parts to eh:) at least the wheels weren't damaged:)

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I have a headlight and wing in White your welcome to?

I'm sure someone has a st0ck bumper they would give you?

Any pics of bent mount?

Thanks Martin, I might just take you up on that once I've had a closer look - I'm pretty sure it's foobard though. I'll get some detail pics the next time I'm at home in daylight and don't have a load of lesson plans and projects to mark.
Our department is getting a "quality review" next week - monday to thursday every lesson has to be tip top with a full lesson plan - just incase the head or another member of senior management decide to come and take a look. I was on my way back from school having spent the morning catching up on project marking to spend the rest of the day planning.

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Thanks Martin, I might just take you up on that once I've had a closer look - I'm pretty sure it's foobard though. I'll get some detail pics the next time I'm at home in daylight and don't have a load of lesson plans and projects to mark.
Our department is getting a "quality review" next week - monday to thursday every lesson has to be tip top with a full lesson plan - just incase the head or another member of senior management decide to come and take a look. I was on my way back from school having spent the morning catching up on project marking to spend the rest of the day planning.

dont give up on her, if all is ok underneath the top would only take a day to swap

just lloked at pics again, maybe front new panel (cant remember the full name for the whol front crossmember part)

drill out spot welds and bolt back in, the rest is piece of cake matey

hope it can be fixed, your welcome to the parts mate, anytime (Y)

mullet

Ex. Club Member
ohh that looks a sore one so long as your ok and no one was hurt i go have a bumper but its all the way up here and has parts of the grille cut out where i had spots

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Thats a right bummer :( glad your okay though! My previous car's up for sale soon Mark? The only thing i think you'll not like is the fact it cant be de-bumpstripped unless you paint the underneath

tehe glad your alright mate! i dont know if you can get it to my work and we can get all that done and get the dolly on it and straighten it out and get it all painted up! im pretty sure you can get away with using it if you can slap a bumper on

baguete

Site Supporter
Thats bad luck mate, hope you get it sorted soon. (Y)

And the damaged rear light was the one i've sent you... :doh:

But i think you have less damage than i had on my SR, check my blog for the repair pics (mine needed a new radiator, new front panel installed, new front lights, new grille, new bumper, new wing, new bonnet and rewiring some stuff as some wires near the battery were broken with the crash).

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
glad no one is hurt,,but that isnt true as this hurt all k11 lovers
these things sort of bond you to the car,,get him back on the rd if you can make safe any major damage
and your right you need another ride while this is out,good excuse for a k11:grinning:

euro_micra

Matt :)
OUCH! Sorry to see this happen to you mark, such a great looking car too. What's the future plans, hope you are staying with the K11.

Scouse boy

Buy & Sell Member
Sorry to see this happen dude :( just glad that you're ok. Will have a look around for any spare micra bits you could have

Craig

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Today my Micra died. Or more to the point, I suppose I killed it. Nose on into the armco, after braking (too?) heavily and loosing control, as a car pulled out into the outside lane, that I though was clear all the way to the roundabout.

so something similar to this nearly happened to you back in summer? or something similar with the brake compensator?

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Erm..... :down:

Yeah, maybe I should have heeded my own warning. It was on the same to do list as that cross member.

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
:( Hard sight to see mark. Its definately one of the better examples of a K11 in the club. Glad your ok though and all the best with getting it sorted (Y)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Stop Bumping this thread it makes me sad :down:
Let us know if you need anything Mark.

this one and the "others" plus getaway geting away with others just tops the misery

dont know which is worse,you decide

43616577.jpg

DSCF2400.jpg

fair enough you need to change the front x-member panel fling the wing/s
bonet problee dead (hinge damage)----and what a summer color to have on a ride
you cant let him die,,,,,,,,not with that reg aswell!!

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Cheers Belly. The car's still sitting on my nan's drive. It wont be getting fixed but is waiting around to give up it's vital organs should any of the red car's expire.

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Yeah, I liked it a lot, a bit lower and with a full set of 7"s it would have been great. Cambered beam and the 8"s on the rear and it really would have been awesome.

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I started out adamant that I wouldn't, but I am getting the urge to fit the fender mirrors. The chin spoiler (or something simmilar) would make a reappearance, but I wouldn't bother with the exhaust silliness now.