Budget winter tyre Nang kang Sv2 review.

Budget winter tyre review:
After last year’s snow and the imminent arrival of a new family addition this year (jan 1st:) I thought it would be wise to invest in some winter tyres. After searching for days i decided to take a risk and brought some Nang kang Sv-2 these cost me £170 for all four tyres plus fitting on a Nissan micra K11 (couldn’t afford similar tyres to fit the Sherpa or the V70) Anyhow after fitting, the car was noticeably noisier and the ride was much rougher, due to the softer rubber cornering also took some time to get used to, i imagine this is due to the tread pattern moving which caused a slight judder when turning and they also allowed the car to wonder slightly when driving.
However i have now put 200 miles on the tyres and they feel allot better, the grip in dry if far far superior to any summer tyres i have used, currently on Pirelli and Avon’s on other cars). Driving back through Lincolnshire yesterday in heavy rain i did notice a marginal reduction in wet grip when taking a corner too fast, however the usual aquaplaning experienced when driving through puddles was eliminated. Grip in light frost is also far superior to any other summer tyre. All the previous problems when the tyre was first fitted are now not noticeable.
The reviews of the Nang kang tyres are mixed, and i agree with the slight loss of grip in the wet, however in comparison to summers they are amazing, and at £43 each there really isn’t anything to complain about, grip in snow is apparently as good as any premium brand according to independent reviews.
Thought this would help anyone thinking of buying these tyres compared to premiums.

In all when compared to premium winters they are average but compared to any summer they are far superior and i suppose that what is important!

Ian

Ex. Club Member
You can get toyo snowprox cheaper then that (assuming standard size wheel/tyre) and the reviews online seem much better.

essexpunx

Site Supporter
Uniroyal rainsport 2 and rain expert are also cheaper and have good reviews, i have rainsport 2 on my winter wheels brilliant tyres.

Where you getting toyos from at that price, Cheepest i found was £99 a corner, You done well if you did get them for under £40 a tyre!
With regards to the royals, they are not true snow tyres they just help to stop you aqua planning due to the tred pattern, Great for rain but probably not sheet ice ect.

Cheers

Jay.