Bruntingthorpe proving ground

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Today I went to Bruntingthorpe proving ground with Allen (Monsterevo of this forum) and the Mitsibushi Lancer register. It was a day for the evos to be tested from 30-130mph. I went there in the ST as a kind of backup and somewhere for Allen to put his stuff whilst he did his runs, anyway after watching all the evos run around the track all day and a lap in the ST ;) I decided to get it timed using this pretty cool timing gear. I only got one go and the runway is concrete so grip was appauling but I got a 6.8 0-60 and a 16.5 0-100 and a 15.2 1/4 mile. Not bad, considering the 0-60 could have been nearly a second quicker, had I had grip..
Also I had the ST weighed. Front sides are 247kg and 245kg and the rear one is 117kg and 125kg - thats with fuel but no driver. but means that its around 810 with me in it. Which finally gives the car a power to weight ratio with me in it of around 220bhp/ton :) not bad.

Another thing that happened was a guy from Jap peformance was there taking photos of the evos. He asked allen to do a run and at the same time I said how about a Micra, he said nahh i dont think so its an evo feature! Anyway, he headed off allen did his run then I decided to go over to him and take him for a blast in the ST. To say he was amazed was an utter understatment. His exact words I cannot write here, but he said it was a shame that the mag had no place for cars like that as he would really like to a feature lolol.

Ed

Have a look at this: http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86393&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
go down the page to the 0-60's. Im not in the top list as I didnt do a 0-130 due to the fact my intercooler is too small, and its not safe to maintain full throttle for long times.

Sounds cool Ed! is allen going to be at Santa Pod? Im also hoping to bring a mate to Pod who's looking forward to seeing the ST! I keep banging on about it to him so you better put on a good show! :p

No allen wont be at SP. However here is a vid of him running yesterday:

http://www.fusionvideo.co.uk/videos/allenbrunt.wmv

Back