• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Broony's SI Project

Broony

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Well here it is i have had this car since end of January 2007, I have bought a few things for "molly the Micra" since then here a quick look at what shee looks like now and what thing i have bought yet to be fitted:) :
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/broony262/25042007085.jpg
And
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/broony262/25042007087.jpg
I have recently painted the rocker cover too:laugh:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/broony262/25042007086.jpg

Here is a look at what i currently have to be fitted to molly: Janspeed exhaust manifold, Janspeed BackBox, rear bumper(thanks to Paul), samco sport silicone 90 degree hoses for custom induction.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/broony262/28042007089.jpg
These will all be fitted on wednesday 2nd May......updates soon

Hope you like.....

not to my taste, but still nice and diffrent even tho its standard lol!

Looks better in person camera phone doesnt do it justice.

Heheh, you have the bumper upside down in the pic ;)

Yeah i couldnt get it to stand properly;)

I am worried the garage isnt going to match my paint properly as they quoted me £150 to fit manifold, backbox and fit and paint the rear bumper. I think thats a bit cheap????fwn

go for it. Just make sure they know that if your not happy with the result they'll re-do it without charging extra!

currently having the bumper painted and that will be fitted by the end of the week but she is havin the manifold and back box fitted as we speak, get to pick her up at 4:)

Just got her back with janspeed manifold and janspeed backbox fitted sounding very nice. :D
will post some pics later on tonight.

its not, 59bhp's didnt have a green hint to it did it? must just be the light then as ive never noticed before :p

just noticed hes got rear headrest aswell!

Just an update: Sparco bucket seat in, janspeed manifold and back box on, rear bumper on.
31694646161250927.jpg

316946461612d94a2.jpg

31694646165acf865.jpg

31694646165b46ce6.jpg

31694646177330d85.jpg

it's a shame bumper is a different shade of blue to the car though. if that was my car, it'd be going back for the propper paint.

it's a shame bumper is a different shade of blue to the car though. if that was my car, it'd be going back for the propper paint.

Well considering that to get a full colour match id have to have the whole rear end done and it probably still wouldnt match due to it being the stupid purle stuff (also being very pricey). im happy that with a full wax the colour difference wont be too bad.

car looks spot on mate - seen it the other day at the DSC meet - really smart - may be requesting your help with my project when i get it started!!

Jon

Update

Just an update on how the micra is coming along. After about a month of trying to repair the front bumper, it was time to call in the big lads haha.

Started work on it today after taking the bumper and sideskirts down to kennie's aka japseye where we spent most of the day fibre glassing and bodging the bumper to restor it to its orginal glory, then in to grey primer it went>>>

23062007103.jpg

23062007104.jpg

23062007105.jpg

More photos tomorrow when the final coat goes on to match the rest of the car and a little progress of the side skirts.

broony

japseye is wearing the mask tendinitus prevents me using the gun as i cant bare the weight.............and a big no no putting me on film dude

where did you get this paint m8 very very flat in fact its the worst paint I have ever used. I have had to work my wottsits off today and used just under a ltr of lacquer to get a finnish on your bumper and skirts m8. what a nightmare, next time you need paint m8 go to paint shop supplies and not the local motor shop, but not to worry all is well that ends well in fact given the poor paint its turned out rather well................................take a look.....

oh yes i very very nearly put some silver metal flake into the mix nahhhhhhhhhhh only joking

Attachments

• Photo-0001.jpg
    Photo-0001.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 393
  • Photo-0003.jpg
    Photo-0003.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 393
  • Photo-0004.jpg
    Photo-0004.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 401
  • Photo-0005.jpg
    Photo-0005.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 392
where did you get this paint m8 very very flat in fact its the worst paint I have ever used. I have had to work my wottsits off today and used just under a ltr of lacquer to get a finnish on your bumper and skirts m8. what a nightmare, next time you need paint m8 go to paint shop supplies and not the local motor shop, but not to worry all is well that ends well in fact given the poor paint its turned out rather well................................take a look.....

oh yes i very very nearly put some silver metal flake into the mix nahhhhhhhhhhh only joking

yes ask at your local halfords for the "special mix" paint, wich is what i have sprayed my whole car with, infact im the one who mixes it at our store and have many show cars from clubs such as "gloyn boyz, black cat customs, modded cruisers, french rivals" etc etc......

it needs to be "nitro-celulose" never 2pak unless you have a spray booth.... and not plain cellulose either as it is harder to work with.

but a litre of laquer??? gees... fwn fwn fwn fwn fwn fwn fwn i havent used any on mine, although mine isnt metalic or pearlescent either..lol

yes ask at your local halfords for the "special mix" paint
argh yes i remember bought some once shook it up in can went to spray wing and it started to froth out of the top and i could not get it to stop......also we use 2 pak all the time with very good results. and i didnt say it had a full litre on either but it did get 4 heavy coats that very nearly used the tin....(baked on with ducted space heater)

that would have happened if the nib was blocked... can happen sometimes if there is any dust in the filler pot. nothing to worry about, it has happened to me a few times.... but its best to have it in the 1 litre pots..... however my front bumper, mirrors, spoiler and left hand door were done with spray cans.... and cant tell either..lol

it was a halfords mix spray can frothed up like a shaken can of pepsi......broonys bumper you need sunglasses to look at it..............shiney you bet it is.....

well i just been to see it im pleased with the work infact very pleased:D just hope it looks ok when fitted, cheers mate.

front bumper

well just a quick update after spending 2 hours removing the original front bumper and fitting the new one. heres a few pics

27062007109.jpg 27062007110.jpg 27062007113.jpg

looks ok mAte .(dont ask) will tell you when I see you. if you had asked i would of helped you but never mind jobs a goodun....

looks ok mAte .(dont ask) will tell you when I see you. if you had asked i would of helped you but never mind jobs a goodun....

You on about the small gap underhead lights, im gonna try and re fit it and put the brackets on top of the plates instead on underneath might move it up a couple of mill, al pop along and show you if ya want when you free?

yeah mate thats fine. you got my phone number?

if not its 07730504999

yes mate will ring you on the thurday night befor ei get paid to arrange collection.:)

nah you missed read me mAte remember what we talked about. some people eh. Free monday morning 9 till 1 pm and I hadnt noticed the gap but sure we can sort it for you......................I know what we can bond your silly side skirts on.......ha ha ha

Loosk like the same as my bumper but a bit lower, well done, they are a nightmare to get fitted right though!!

James.

Just a quick update, 1.6 transplant should be underway soon i hope. here a few pictures of the doner car. bargin at £150 40k on the clock....

05092007134.jpg 05092007135.jpg 05092007136.jpg 05092007137.jpg

would you sell me the n/s/r outer taillight for my brother,as his is slightly cracked.:)
also try fitting the front p11 seats into the k11, unless you already have bucket seats. they may be slightly wide,but it'd be worth it.
the leather steering wheel is a straight swap for yours aswell;)

would you sell me the n/s/r outer taillight for my brother,as his is slightly cracked.:)
also try fitting the front p11 seats into the k11, unless you already have bucket seats. they may be slightly wide,but it'd be worth it.
the leather steering wheel is a straight swap for yours aswell;)

Yeah swiper will be breaking the car when i start taking it apart.

leather steering wheel is a bit naff and cracked but we'll see:)

Back