Bristol blues...Pao parts

I crashed my pao :/ ... Might not be too bad but Im getting the body looked at tomorrow but for sure I need a front grill, bumper and left head lamp. Any have these parts? Im not going through insurance as they want to write it off and Im pretty sure pao will ride again!

I really like your attitude,what was the outcome of your engine problems you had a while back. Did you ever get some rear belts fitted for your new addition to the family?. There is a guy on the pao fb page that has some parts ,mind you he is in Canada. Good luck.

OP
OP
kathryn
Hey :) thanks for all the replies. Yep-I put a watch on that headlamp - it didnt go so I can contact the guy if I need to hoepfully. Yes - it is expensive tho. Ive also found a site in Japan that seems to do all the parts and prices not too bad. Will have to pay import of course but Ive gone this route before...
Fabster - hi! :) I really meant to report back on past problem but to be honest had only bloody fixed it about three weeks ago... SO galling that I then go and do this. Sigh. So yes, that scenario was that the pao broke down with steam coming form the under the bonnet and the heat going right up. We (me & my mechanic and others I asked) werent sure if it was just due to the age of the radiator or more seriously a head gasket issue. In the end, after replacing the radiator with one that I imported from China and the thermostat housing (import from Taiwan) we discovered that yes, the head gasket was also faulty. My mechanic took it to be machined and this fixed it. All was good...
Seat belts.. no i didnt as didnt want to change the interior... instead ive been driving round with him in his seat fixed in the front. this actually works really well as we get to 'talk' to each other while driving round (hes just four months now) - its much nicer for him than being in the back so I've actually done this in the temp car replacement too even though it has three point seat belts in the back.
I didnt know theres a pao fb page! will go check that out.
Thanks again :) and apologies any spellign errors here - mostly typed one handed while feeding the little chap! xx

OP
OP
kathryn
oh I shd say... mechanic, angus, & i lkd at it inside & out yesterday & it is pretty bad... so hes going to try to pull body out and straighten things. Im not going toorder anything until weve done that and know that the g ears are ok... they might not be :-/

wehey

Ex. Club Member
I hope its salvageable Kathryn!!
Do you by any chance have a link to the site in Japan that do spares ?

Hi Kathryn, Sorry to here about your little Pao, that's terrible news. Hope it all goes well, and if you wanted to put links of places that you do find parts as you rebuild, that would be amazing, seems very tricky to find stuff. I have found this site that has a few parts if that's any help: http://store.jpnoid.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16 I also like their tag line, 'Japanoid. definition: Japanese compact cars too cool for North America.' (http://jpnoid.com/)
I'm looking for a black horn cap, mine crumbled the other day, I literally tapped it and the whole thing fell into pieces! Let me know if anybody knows where I can find one!

Kathryn, Any chance you could let me know the link to "Ive also found a site in Japan that seems to do all the parts and prices not too bad". Thanks

OP
OP
kathryn
Hi there,
Apologies - for some reason I didn't get notifications of these messages! Just got confirmation today that my pals internals are ok and I shd go ahead getting parts so yes will share what I find out - best K