Brighton meet: 17th July 2011

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Definitely man, 16 cars by the sounds of it (Y). Maybe we can get it up to 20 before the meet? :grinning: :laugh:

more the merier!

if anyone wants any of the bits i have for sale i shall bring them but you must let me know!!!

like a modded rear wiper motor
my rear parcel shelf speakers with splitters and separate tweeters which ive decided i dont want
just let me know though pm!!

is the meeting time around mid day again? lets hope its not bitter cold wind this time ey chaps!

phil.marsh

Buy & Sell Member
more the merier!

if anyone wants any of the bits i have for sale i shall bring them but you must let me know!!!

like a modded rear wiper motor
my rear parcel shelf speakers with splitters and separate tweeters which ive decided i dont want
just let me know though pm!!

is the meeting time around mid day again? lets hope its not bitter cold wind this time ey chaps!

How much for the tweeters?

And I've got a mate who might be coming :D he's a member just don't know his username

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
List So Far:

1. Chris (Hoodedreeper)
2. Shaun
3. Mark
4. Josh
5. R69hp
6. Jono
7. Ed (Noddie)
8. Will
9. Arnold (17th Only)
10. Sp13rsy
11. MW99
12. Phil (Phil.marsh )
13. Dan (micra_dan)
14. mckenziecz in march and my gf in her super s (shaun's old car)
15. Steve (16vFig)

Anymore Takers For This Sunday?

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I'm probably not going to be able to make it now, due to an extreme lack of funding :down:. Unless I can make £100 tomorrow somehow :(

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I'm probably not going to be able to make it now, due to an extreme lack of funding :down:. Unless I can make £100 tomorrow somehow :(

Thats a shame, yours was one of the cars I was looking forward to seeing.

Lets hope it's not "too" wet and windy sunday morning!

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Thats a shame, yours was one of the cars I was looking forward to seeing.

Lets hope it's not "too" wet and windy sunday morning!

I must say, I take that as quite a compliment :grinning:. I hope there will be another Brighton meet that I can come to, or anywhere on the coast (Y).

And I think it's supposed to be raining all weekend

joshbl

Site Supporter
If it does happen that the weather man is right for once and it does rain, we may need to find another venue/car park

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Trying to do everything in my power to get money for this meet tomorrow, really do not want to miss it :p. Anyone want to buy some Micra stuff to fund my journey back? :blush:

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Will...yeah when we left the top floor of the multi storey,i didnt have enough room to go down the slope,so nudged forward and felt the wheel hit the kurb,went to reverse and i couldnt as i was stuck on the kurb. Only way was forward,and doing so i very badly kurbed 3/4 of the lip :(

phil.marsh

Buy & Sell Member
Not sure if I can make it! Depends if I can make it back from London tonight ;) and same I was looking forward to seeing dans car!
Dan what have you got for sale? I might be able to help :grinning:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Not sure if I can make it! Depends if I can make it back from London tonight ;) and same I was looking forward to seeing dans car!
Dan what have you got for sale? I might be able to help :grinning:

SR parcel shelf with 6x9s, motorbike exhaust (needs modding to fit though), Ripspeed stubby ariel, Ripspeed gearknob, sun visors with vanity mirrors, steering wheel with airbag, 1.0l fuel rail with injectors and stock fuel pressure regulator (pretty much brand new), rear wiper motor/wiper arm. Not exactly a massive exciting hoarde, by any means. Just don't want to miss the meet.

And my car isn't anything special :laugh:

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Will...yeah when we left the top floor of the multi storey,i didnt have enough room to go down the slope,so nudged forward and felt the wheel hit the kurb,went to reverse and i couldnt as i was stuck on the kurb. Only way was forward,and doing so i very badly kurbed 3/4 of the lip :(

yeh i was convoying out that place with "jerry" in his Z and he had to go so wide to do the turns down that i thought he was gonna miss every exit going down!

joshbl

Site Supporter
Oh really? Didnt know! Its 1pm where meeting?

I think the majority are meeting at 12 at the dyke but some of us are meeting there at 10:30.

And just so you know guys, the car park used to be free but i now believe that it is £2 but that's for the whole day.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Have a great meet guys ! Dont hesitate to upload pictures with your mobile here and on FB ! (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I'm incredibly disappointed I couldn't go, but just couldn't afford it with my current situation. Hope you guys have a great time and get loads of pics (Y)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Was a good meet! Not quite as big turn out as last time,but still had a good 8 cars :) Was nice to meet everyone and was a great laugh! I think Mark enjoyed everyone playing with his balls (pool ball gear knobs)

Drive home was an 'experience' never drove in such heavy rain before. Photos soon to be uploaded and edited :)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
What i lack in conversation,i make up in Photos :p

My milage covered today:

2011-07-17182725.jpg

The View opposite the pub:

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Great pics Chris, makes me wish I went now :down:. Hope there will be another Brighton meet soon so I can go to that, as well as the Midlands one in a couple of weeks time :grinning:

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Great pics mate. Sorry I didn't make it lads, had a bit of a hangover this morning and didn't wanna risk driving over the limit

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Thankyou For pictures! Wish it went on for longer but that weather never helps... think we should all meet somewhere hot/sunny next time?
Egypt maybe... :suspect:

Sorry i was late but was a bit ####in late to arrange the time ffs

Then everyone just disappeared was like a waste of pretty much half a tank! Ffs msc get your act together and make the next meets better

Sorry i was late but was a bit ####in late to arrange the time ffs

Then everyone just disappeared was like a waste of pretty much half a tank! Ffs msc get your act together and make the next meets better

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Nice to see you today gents. Shame about the weather, but it was dry and warm in the pub. I do like it when I get the oppertunity for a group of people to carress my balls :p

Here's some more pics of the cars:

DSCF3427.jpg

DSCF3428.jpg

DSCF3429.jpg

DSCF3430.jpg

DSCF3431.jpg

DSCF3432.jpg

DSCF3433.jpg

DSCF3434.jpg

DSCF3437.jpg

DSCF3436.jpg

Mr Bognor's car of the day, was unfortunately not a Micra. 16vFig's delightfully shabby patinated Ford Falcan wagon,

DSCF3435.jpg

I think Will that everybody was heading down to the marina, certainly Josh, Shaun and Chris were. I needed to head home.

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
When we got outside it started to rain,there was mention of going to the Marina,but i refuse to go in that car park. Then it chucked it down and everyone left,seeming as i didnt know the actual plan,i decided to head home.

It wasnt the MSCs fault,just lack of communication and poor weather

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Also,i used 1 1/4 tanks of fuel getting there and back. Like Arnold,if you werent too sharp about coming then you shouldnt? Not having a go,but just saying how it is :)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
The annoying thing is, I managed to muster enough cash up to go - but by that point, it was 3 o'clock, so would have been pointless going. I didn't want to risk it. But I've got the Midlands meet to look forward to, as well as Japfest and any other meet that I can travel to on here (within reason)

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
No K10s? This will not do. I'll have to pull my finger out for the next one (or just not book anything on the same day). Epic pictures. The rain makes them look proper moody.

haha chris i could have been up in time and i felt pretty good its the fact i went back to sleep and ended up over sleeping makes me feel like pants! although if the time had been organised a bit sooner would have been fine lol

Daniel

I WILL be back...
More good photos, apart from the crazy angles :laugh:. Turns out I probably could have made it there now as well :glare: