Brighton meet: 17th July 2011

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Well looks like it might be a good turnout nonetheless, let's hope the weather stays like it is today!
Hopefully i can drag Mck along with me!

List So Far (add yourself if your not already on it!)
1. Chris (Hoodedreeper)
2. Shaun
3. Mark
4. Josh
5. R69hp
6. Jono
7. Ed (Noddie)
8. Will
9. Arnold (17th Only)
10. Sp13rsy
11. MW99
12. Phil (Phil.marsh :D)
13. Dan (micra_dan)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I know, really looking forward to it. Selling loads of stuff to pay for it, but really don't want to miss it (Y). I take it we're all just meeting up when we get there?

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
I know, really looking forward to it. Selling loads of stuff to pay for it, but really don't want to miss it (Y). I take it we're all just meeting up when we get there?
However/wherever... Might need to get a postcode for the actual place though as i'm not 100% sure where it is...

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Well I'm coming from Milton Keynes, I think most people are closer to Brighton than I am. We don't really get any meets round my way, hence why I'm going to this one. Also, just fyi, here's a link to the Devils Dyke - which I presume is still going to be the meeting place.

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thedevilsdykebrighton/

Dyke Road, Poynings, Brighton, BN1 8YJ (Y)

Just checked how far it is from me - it's not as far as I thought it would be. 110 miles, travelled further than that just to get my alloys :laugh:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
So do I. I'm sure it will though, been pretty sunny for a while. Can't wait now, should be a good meet I think (Y)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Well lets hope it's sunny near to the time :laugh:. How are you getting on with getting the SR through its MOT?
Out of the 6 things it failed on i have personally sorted 4 maybe 5 out of the 6....
car is getting looked at now for brake problems and they are gonna give me a free emissions check to see if it will pass with the stock airbox/pipes and new sparks in.
Fingers crossed the worst it will be is the cylinders...

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Out of the 6 things it failed on i have personally sorted 4 maybe 5 out of the 6....
car is getting looked at now for brake problems and they are gonna give me a free emissions check to see if it will pass with the stock airbox/pipes and new sparks in.
Fingers crossed the worst it will be is the cylinders...

Well at least you're getting there. Good luck, lets hope it is just the cylinders. Certainly the cheapest problem to solve :laugh:

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Well at least you're getting there. Good luck, lets hope it is just the cylinders. Certainly the cheapest problem to solve :laugh:
well not compared to pads... but i am certain that they are not the cause... even the guy at the desk thought it had rear drums... i had to tell him it was discs...

Daniel

I WILL be back...
well not compared to pads... but i am certain that they are not the cause... even the guy at the desk thought it had rear drums... i had to tell him it was discs...

Well yeah, but it still sounded like new cylidners aren't that expensive, even when you factor in the labour costs. I bet the guy at the desk was like "What? A Micra with rear discs? Don't be stupid." :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

9 days (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y). So stoked for this now :grinning:

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Have we got a meeting time yet? Midday? or maybe a bit earlier so we can get the cars parked together before the lunch time rush?

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I reckon it needs to be early - get parked up before the lunch time rush, as Mark says, get a few photos in (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
10.30am sounds good to me (Y). Enough time for a quick cruise and a few photo opportunities before lunch :grinning: Are we eating at the pub, or bringing our own food?

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
i'll be bringing my own...as this turbo conversion has completely skint me out! I've got £20 and 3/4 tank of petrol to last me till the 25th July haha (aint gonna happen!)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I think I'll be bringing my own as well, the pub is quite expensive from what I've seen/heard/read, and I'm coming from Buckinghamshire - so need as much money for fuel as I can get :laugh::laugh:. And yeah, I can't see you lasting on 3/4 of a tank and £20 until then :laugh:

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
It'll probably take me a tank there and back...good job i've got an over draft haha. I'm bringing a mate so he may swing some petrol money my way (hopefully haha)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Well it's about 230 miles there and back for me, so not a huge distance by any means (I did a longer round trip to pick up a hoarde of parts for my K11 :laugh:). I reckon I could just about do it on a tank, but don't want to risk it or anything. But I'd never thought of bringing a mate though. Get halfway there and say "Oh by the way, you have to pay me some notes for fuel, otherwise I'll leave you there" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
So I'm possibly travelling the furthest?? :laugh: Great :laugh:
I reckon I could get to Brighton in less than 2 hours. Shouldn't be too much traffic on a Sunday, surely? Been trying to find someone else to come with me, maybe travel in convoy :grinning:. But I don't think there's anyone down my end or even on the way :(

I actually just had a look at your route, you do have to travel further than me. It's 115 miles each way for me, less than 2 hours in each direction. 230 miles/4 hours in total. So pretty short by comparison :laugh:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I'd convoy with you Phil, but it's out of my way. Anyone near Buckinghamshire up for a convoy, or maybe going past?

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Well the AA route planner is showing that I have to take the M1, M25, M23, then the A23. I've had a look at your route Phil, and I take it you're going M3, M23, A43? Because we can always meet up at Pease Pottage services, just before the A23? And I reckon if we met for about 9.30ish, enough time for a bit of breakfast as well?
Anyone else got any ideas?

Daniel

I WILL be back...
For the last Brighton meet in February i had to go past Pease Pottage services,could meet you there first if you like Dan?

Sounds like a plan to me Chris (Y). You meeting us there as well Phil? Or anyone else who has to go past there? We need to get our own minature convoy :grinning:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I don't think we're going to be racing each other. I daresay we'll just be cruising :grinning:. And there's nothing wrong with a standard K11 (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Not sure what time we'll be there until actually. I think a BBQ does sound like a plan, I'm just bringing my own food. Can't afford to eat at the pub :( :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I wont be flooring it as i've got a hole in my backbox the size of a 50p piece :( Sounds like a wet fart haha Doesnt do my petrol consumption any good :(

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Ouch, that's not good :(. Blowing exhausts do sound awful. I won't be ragging it because my fuel consumption isn't good when I do :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Good man, convoy from Pease Pottage at 10 is the plan I think, only takes about 30 minutes to get from the services to Brighton (Y)

16vFig

Ex. Club Member
I don't think I'll have my car finished in time but I'll find something to come up in!

By the way- I've got a red P-reg 1.3 (pre facelift) 2-door K11 with 80K miles that's a rear-ended insurance write-off that I'm breaking. If anyone wants any parts then let me know and I can bring them along. Let me know if there's anything you want photos of etc.

These are the bits that might be of interest-
CG13 5-speed manual Gearbox - £50
Gear lever mechanism, everything from gear knob to gearbox - £10
CG13 flywheel, pressure plate, clutch and bearing - £25
Door mirrors (black) slight scuffing but okay - £5 each
Remote tailgate / fuel filler cap mechanism - £10
Good lights front and back - ?? let me know what you need
Instrument cluster (the dashboard is out and disassembled so anything from that) - ?? let me know what you need
The little speakers that go in the A-pillar - £5
Interior stuff - door cards, etc - ?? let me know what you need
I've also got a 2 1/16" cue ball that is drilled and tapped for a K11 gear stick that I did by mistake (K10 and K11 are not the same!) - £6.49 (the price of the ball!)
This is the cue ball I used...
Aramith Premier Cue Ball 2 1/16"

If there's anything else then let me know

These are the parts that are not available or are damaged-
Engine
Drive shafts
Front struts
Front hubs
Front brakes
Rear tailgate - dented
Rear bumper - smashed
Front bumper - cracked
Front grille - cracked
Driver's seat

1. Chris (Hoodedreeper)
2. Shaun
3. Mark
4. Josh
5. R69hp
6. Jono
7. Ed (Noddie)
8. Will
9. Arnold (17th Only)
10. Sp13rsy
11. MW99
12. Phil (Phil.marsh )
13. Dan (micra_dan)
14. mckenziecz in march and my gf in her super s (shaun's old car)

16vFig

Ex. Club Member
1. Chris (Hoodedreeper)
2. Shaun
3. Mark
4. Josh
5. R69hp
6. Jono
7. Ed (Noddie)
8. Will
9. Arnold (17th Only)
10. Sp13rsy
11. MW99
12. Phil (Phil.marsh )
13. Dan (micra_dan)
14. mckenziecz in march and my gf in her super s (shaun's old car)
15. Steve (16vFig)