Brembo Brake Discs

CALI

Buy & Sell Member
Did Brembo make vented brake discs for the k10?:wasntme:

Oh and by the way, does anyone want to sell their front driving lamps?

you can get vented disks. I used a brembo vented/mintex pad combo and they were very good. However, the problem comes with the calipers. you need calipers that specifically go with the vented set up, which are only found on early K11 march imports. Some people say you can grind a bit off the claw of the caliper, but i dont really see that as being safe.

However, the problem comes with the calipers. you need calipers that specifically go with the vented set up, which are only found on early K11 march imports.

On a K10?

You can get driving lamps off ebay or a most car shops. Cost about £20 and will fit easily depending on what bumper you have.

On a K10?

This picture should clear your doubts! March K11 calipers with Brembo disks. I've forgotten the name of the pads but the whole setup is excellent!

vented.jpg

Yes, but it's not just the discs that make the difference...

Ferodo also makes drilled discs that go along with the stock calipers.

But the piston size of the march calipers is slightly bigger, 3mm I believe...
and I think this might also improve braking performance.

Well the calipers are newer than K10 ones so yeah they've got to help, definitly cant be any worse. The disks & pads obviously assist in making a huge difference too.

Brakeparts (i think) sell vented disks and calipers for the K10. Trouble is finding them in stock!

if i were you'd i'd just get a new pair of standard disks, mintex pads, free the caliper sliders off, change the back cylinder, adjust the shoes and change the fluid, and you should have superb brakes.

the whole lot can be done for about £60

Back