• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Breaking Moomin... :(

I decided to take the shocks off at the bottom because I was turning the nipple into mince with the mole grips :rolleyes:
We're back on wheels again, didn't end up cable tying the springs in but I think I will put the corsa shocks on for extra piece of mind. Heard a twang as I first set off to test 'em, the car's still supported so guessing the spring wasn't quite sat in properly and sorted itself. Back lookms lower than the front now on one side :cool: (slightly bigger profile tyre ont back)

Back lookms lower than the front now
Oh dear that's not good. Now you're going to have to lower the front some more. That's how it all starts... give it a few months and you'll be so low you scrape on even the slightest speed bump :)

20140127_124630.jpg

Me likey.
Thoroughly enjoyed my journey to and from work today. 50mph speed limit (;)) wi a few nice bends. Soooo wonderful!!

I've got meself some 13'' 'Nissan by fondmetal' 5 spoke alloys to go on. Can I get away with using the steel wheel nuts?

Been a bit quiet for a while, no catastrophic suspension failure just been busy working on interior.

After being sent headlights off an almera being broken on fleabay, arguing with the seller, being told that the lights I was asking for were called side lights and that cars do not have front fog lights o_O

They finally a month later arrive!!!
20140226_181455.jpg

:O Good job on the door cards!

Mine were only ever decorated in oil,dirt and occasionally, blood.

Thank you. That's some kinky **** you get up to in your ride :p

What kind of paint is that there paint y'all be using?

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

The green and pink is Dulux emulsion (suprisingly tough stuff!), the black simonz rattle can, sposed to matt but nevermind.

Think I've spent £20 on the paint job and material inside, good ol' car boot sales and rummaging through the shed for old paint.

Niiiice!

I might go magnolia and add a splash of colour by using brightly coloured accessories and a feature wall....

...er.

Niiiice!

I might go magnolia and add a splash of colour by using brightly coloured accessories and a feature wall....

...er.

Hahaha! May I recommend a Damask design paper? Flocked, naturally. Swarve as a sir can get.

20140302_195502.jpg

Couldn't wait, head torch on... and boom!

...now I'm thinking of a small cactus garden in the top of the dash and venetian blinds in the back...

Hey guys....been a long time since I was on and tables have turned completely around now. So much so that Moomin is off the road and being broken!
I had a suicidal tree jump out at me one night....

untitled.png

1.png
2.png

So I fixed it.... with brute force and ignorance

3.png
4.png

He was ran for a good few months afterwards but unfortunately, his MOT ran out on the 15th and after noticing the rear footwell was slightly spongey under foot one day, I don't think he'll make it through another without some serious time/money.

Not sure whether I can post on hear about bits up for grabs? Sorry if not but basically whatever you see is available. Just ask. I'll find out where I can post stuff for sale if I can.

Much love guys, hope you're all well.

Not good. I'd have the wheels if I were not so far away..

Shame, can't say I'll be taking a trip down to Portsmouth any time soon...

Hey You selling the matiz spring and corsa b shocks set up by any chance? Thanks :)

There's just the Matiz setup, I cut the standard springs at the back :p I might have the corsa b shocks somewhere... can't remember whether I bought them ha!

how much for the power steering setup mate

How does £50 sound mate? What is it you're you after? Reservoir, pump, belt, pipes, rack and bolts etc?

Hey. I managed to get some springs from my brother. but wont install them for a while as i havent got good wheels haha. Thanks anyway, good luck with the sales :D

Back