Breakerpoints gap, '88 Micra 1.0 GL (K10)

2000Man

Hi
Last spring I bought a white 1988 mod. Nissan Micra GL 1.0 (k10) with a distributor having breakerpoints. The car is now in need of a set of new breakerpoints, and I'm wondering about the clearance of the gap (in mm.). Can't find any info on this anywhere. Anyone that can help a frustrated norwegian?

Rock 'til you burn

2000 Man

:k10:

hey, the only thing I can think of is try and find a copy of the haynes (brand name) manual for the car. I'll try dig mine out anyway as I need to isolate the brake light supply.

But alot of people who have the old breaker system tend to update them using bits from the slightly more modern K10's.

Breakerpointsgap and distributorswap

But alot of people who have the old breaker system tend to update them using bits from the slightly more modern K10's.[/QUOTE]

Waiting hopefully. Is it just to swap the distributors -from one with pointers to one without?

2000 Man

something like that, i tend to look at slim and give him puppydog eyes, he know's what he's on about.

As far as i'm aware the distributers are a direct swap.

Fett! (as we say in Norway for Cool)

Thanks. Going for 0.4 mm today, hoping for more speed at a non-jumping ride :grinning:

Rock 'til you burn

2000 Man

your better of setting the dwell angle, more accurate than setting the gap. Better still, fit a later dizzy which does away with the points.

Back