brakes!

right for ages now im hearing a kkkkkkrrrrrrrrr noise wen i brake at junctions??

The micra has had new pads on the frnt and new rear ones a few weeks ago bt its still making the same noise?

anyopne got any ideas?

jason.

I would be haveing the wheels off and having a look for myself mate, that sounds from your description like worn out pads but there are other things it can be.

The 2nd suspect is the heat shield behind the front discs but this would make noises when turning too..... best bet would be to take it back to whoever did the work and get them to have another look.

Or brake fade wear you've been to hard on the brakes (for micra standard brakes you touched them!). question is did the squeal happen straight after you had them fitted??

take them back off and slap a bit of copper grease on the rear and the shim holders. this should stop any caliper squeeking.

does it judder? if so and its juast had new pads alround id put cash on it being warped front discs there not performance discs are they as groved and drilled discs make a whiring when they are on hard

i think he has the same problem as me....
its the drive shaft CV joint..... it will make a rub rub rub rub sound whilst braking, but be fine under acceleration....

having to buy a new passenger driveshaft....

hope it isnt though...

Back