Brakes, Coilovers and Steering Rack Help

First off, the brakes on the K10 aren't really that good and I wanna upgrade them. I know you can fit k11 discs and caliper when you use a k11 hub but is there a way to put those in without changing the hub?

I know you can use Polo 6N coilovers but you need to machine the top cup. I don't really have access to a lathe so is there an alternative like using washers (pikey I know)? Haha

And the steering rack is seriously slow, so I wanna upgrade it to a quicker unit. What steering rack is available to make it faster and what mods are required?

Thanks a lot guys
Brandon

You'd need the k11 wishbones too, and track rod ends.

Not sure bout that rack, the figaro has power steering I think, maybe might be better for you, lot off work though

Thanks for the help guys! I guess I'll get used to the rack, I'm just gonna uprate the stock brakes with new discs and pads (grooved)l high temp brake fluid and steel brake lines. Should be enough for fast road driving.

Got any ideas if I could use washers on the top cup of polo 6n coilys?

Brandon

The whole point of the machined edge was to allow standard Micra mount to fit down onto the mount that comes with coilovers , if you wanted to buy a custom top mount talk to Andy ( h701 ) he can source them for you

Brakes, I use cheapy vented discs and mintext pads. Honestly they do the job if you are not doing a serious build.
coilovers: No just no, seen so many people use washers and fail big time. I have done it before and it makes the steering so stiff.
Slow rack: You have to live with it and learn to drive with it. I thrash my car about like a mad man and the rack has never held me back chucking my K10 into corners.

The SuperS hubs different than the normal ones, thats why the steering is quicker, with the same rack. And SuperS have a vented discs (if it still small), so it could be better with good pads than a k11, solid but bigger disc. I know I will not change it :)

The SuperS hubs different than the normal ones, thats why the steering is quicker, with the same rack. And SuperS have a vented discs (if it still small), so it could be better with good pads than a k11, solid but bigger disc. I know I will not change it :)
Really? Both the super s's I have owned had the normal milk bottle top brakes which are crap.

You can use k11 hubs, wishbones and brakes on them. Which is what I plan to do to mine soon.

Power steering racks are quicker than normal racks anyway.

@BrandK11 I wouldn't recommend using washers it will only make the steering heavier. A proper roller ball top mount helps the components rotate so makes steering that bit easier

1400054592082.jpg

Back