Brake upgrade

Anyone know what / where best to pick up a set of calipers for 13s, e.g. Almera N15 seems to have been recommended in the past? Just picked up a set of alloys for my brothers k11.

Not a huge fan of Ebay as had dodgy car parts in the past but if anyone recommends a seller I'll take a look :)

Cheers

Anyone know what / where best to pick up a set of calipers for 13s, e.g. Almera N15 seems to have been recommended in the past? Just picked up a set of alloys for my brothers k11.

Not a huge fan of Ebay as had dodgy car parts in the past but if anyone recommends a seller I'll take a look :)

Cheers
I doubt you'd fit Almera brakes under 13s. If you are keeping the wheels, new brake fluid, braided lines, m1144 pads and grooved discs all for stock micra will be best bet.
If you do go down Almera route, it's pre facelift 1.6, or facelift 1.4/1.6 247mm brakes you want, go to scrapyards and get calipers and carriers and discs if it's a car that's just come off the road and only just there. New pads and discs otherwise

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Cheers! If thats the case I'll probably re-do the all the brake lines whilst I fit the braided lines I picked up last weekend.

Any idea where to pick them up as the places I've checked say they aren't available for k11?

Last edited:
Cheers! If thats the case I'll probably re-do the all the brake lines whilst I fit the braided lines I picked up last weekend.

Any idea where to pick them up as the places I've checked say they aren't available for k11?
You already have braided brake lines or you need some? Sorry it's late and I'm shattered. Ebay is your best bet, retroboltsuk was the lad I bought them off, very helpful. Cheaper than goodridge too

You already have braided brake lines or you need some? Sorry it's late and I'm shattered. Ebay is your best bet, retroboltsuk was the lad I bought them off, very helpful. Cheaper than goodridge too

I took some goodridges off the car my mate recently totalled :) Found Black Diamond grooved brakes easy enough but can't seem to find a stockist of m1144 pads for k11.

I took some goodridges off the car my mate recently totalled :) Found Black Diamond grooved brakes easy enough but can't seem to find a stockist of m1144 pads for k11.
I'd say full brake fluid change too, since the fluid is hygroscopic it should probably be changed every 5 years or so anyway as a service item but no one ever does. They are available, definitely seen it on a good few places including the Facebook group in the last few weeks

Edit: Matt Humphris should definitely stock them if you can't get them anywhere else

Last edited:
N15 1.4 Almera brakes do fit under 13" wheels, I know as that what we run. And you can now get Mintex F4R pads for the calipers as they were developed for us.

Looks right, but you will also need the caliper carrier. These bolt on the K11 hub with x2 washers as spacers between the hub and carrier.

Look out for second hand ones as a starting point.

Back