Brake Upgrade Options

Okay I know this has been covered numerous times but the information is jumbled up, I can't figure anything out forgive me!

But basically I am looking to upgrading my brakes. To my understanding, based on what I can find on the forum, I have 3 options:

1. Black diamond discs + Matt's Mintex M1144 Pads

2. AD22V Brakes - These are fitted to Almera GTi, Sunny GTi and Pulsar GTIR right? These are overkill. Any idea on diameter of these?

3. AD18V Brakes - These are fitted to standard Pulsars, N15 1.4 Almera's and 1.6 100NX right? These are good light option. But the thing I am confused on is that these are the same diameter as the stock Micra ones??

What option do people recommend for me? My K11 is a tuned N/A one which soon hopefully will be around 130-140bhp. Its far from stock but its definitely not a high power turbo K11.

I know this is a bit of a cop out in terms of answers but I'd say go with what you can actually get your hands on. I've got a pair of Almera GTi calipers to fit but haven't picked up any discs yet so can't help with diameters unfortunately.

Ad18 are vented and that helps a lot. Some micra also have vented discs. Then it won’t do much but if you still have the solid disks it’s a good upgrade. Ad22 is overkill for street

Ad18 are vented and that helps a lot. Some micra also have vented discs. Then it won’t do much but if you still have the solid disks it’s a good upgrade. Ad22 is overkill for street

Thought AD22 was overkill, thanks for confirming.

My K11 had solid discs, so AD18 looks like the way to go...

I know this is a bit of a cop out in terms of answers but I'd say go with what you can actually get your hands on. I've got a pair of Almera GTi calipers to fit but haven't picked up any discs yet so can't help with diameters unfortunately.

yeah i get what you mean, like 100nx's are so rare now!

AD22VF don't offer much over the AD18 setup in all honesty.

The only reason people started using AD22VF setups is because they were significantly easier to acquire and, over time, it's just become a typical choice.

Back