Brake upgrade for K10

I've had a quick look on the site about this but everything is for the k11 sadly.
Just want to hear people options as I'm not sure about it and not sure if some options are safe.
I found to types one solid and one vented. I know vented cool down faster and so I've heard last longer?
I know people don't like ebay, but this is more for the information than anything.
The solid is for the K10 and the vented is for a mk1 golf but should fit, although slightly bigger and will be lug central i think.
Can you let me know what is best or other options or to stay with normal disc's for k10

you can just swap over k11 front hubs from a 1ltr, then use the brakes off of a 1.3, or even a pulsar if you need to
golf ones won't fit as the centerbore is to small, and you'll need different calipers
keep in mind the k10 and k11 are really similar on the front end especially the 1ltrs

Yeah I thought if I got the vented the calipers would need to be changed.
Will changing the hubs change how the alloys are fitted? because I'm using spigot rings at the moment?

you can just swap over k11 front hubs from a 1ltr, then use the brakes off of a 1.3, or even a pulsar if you need to
golf ones won't fit as the centerbore is to small, and you'll need different calipers
keep in mind the k10 and k11 are really similar on the front end especially the 1ltrs

Are k11 1.0 and 1.3 hubs different? Only asking coz iv got a set of k11 hubs I'm gunna ft and no dea which model they were off.

So it shouldn't matter which hubs I have to put on me k10?
no neil, the outer spline on the outboard c/v,s are all the same, the differences are on the other 3 splines that make up the full driveshaft :)
your bottom balljoint may be an issue tho

Back