Brake pedal problem

Hi this is my first post. We have just got a new 160sr for my fiancé, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/big_pig/Micra.jpg which we are chuffed to bits with. We have one issue with the car. When you brake at low speeds you get a vibrating through the brake pedal, it feels as if the abs is coming on even though you are not skidding (makes a buzz, clunk, ping sound). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi I get it most of the time, and never thought it was any problem. However when you drive off at low speed it does make a 'twang' noise , felt on the brake pedal,sometime loud and sometime unnoticeable. Been back and forth with Nissan dealers but to no satisfatory remedy. Its a characteristic of 160 SR am told.

Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread but i found this searching for something else on the internet. My 160SR does this alot, especially on loose or damp/wet surfaces. I think it is just over eager ABS system. On the plus side, the brakes on the 160 are awesome when you have to a proper emergency stop :D.

Back