brake discs

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

Steve :)
Ahh right cool thanks for lettin me know im slowly learning :p just bought a haynes manual ready for when my discs arrive(didnt buy those in link)got some vented ones that i know that will fit :p and new calipers with greenstuff pads :),

FH-5

Site Supporter
Sounds good, but you should have gone for some Mintex M1144s (from Matt Humphris for about £50 iirc), the Micra experts say these are far better than any other fast road pad :grinning:. I have these M1144s on just standard solid front brake discs, and the braking is shockingly powerful, considering it is just on standard discs and calipers :p!

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Sounds good, but you should have gone for some Mintex M1144s (from Matt Humphris for about £50 iirc), the Micra experts say these are far better than any other fast road pad :grinning:. I have these M1144s on just standard solid front brake discs, and the braking is shockingly powerful, considering it is just on standard discs and calipers :p!

I have the uprated mintex pads on my s14 they ain't bad, but £50 I paid £25 delivered for my s14, can't believe how expensive they've gone since I last bought them

FH-5

Site Supporter
I think they must be way better in the K11 than the S14 as K11s are so light! Still I think a fantastic affordable handling upgrade :).

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

The discs are veco or vico, vented, got ebc greenstuff pads aswell all for £60 so not to bad i think, just debating wether to change brake fluid aswell cause one side seems to be sticking abit

Antony

Ex. Club Member
black diamond predator pads are the best out there, most of the skyline guys and evo's use them. i had them of my pulsar caliper'd K11...... could stand the car on its nose!

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

I did ask him the question when i rang and orderd them cause i thought they would be bit thicker, but was adament they were same width, il find out in few days when i receive them

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

Why the thanks frank? Bit curious :p im just hoping they do cause i wont be happy and will confirm that im a thick fakker lol

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

Oo quick question frank while your still online, should start chargin me frank haha iv used the search function but wont work on my phone and dont want another thread up, iv noticed a knockin clickin noise when i steer left n right and makes the noise every rotation of the wheel, only just noticed this sound since t/r/e got fixed, could it be my cv joint or somthin to do with suspension

frank

Club Member
Oo quick question frank while your still online, should start chargin me frank haha iv used the search function but wont work on my phone and dont want another thread up, iv noticed a knockin clickin noise when i steer left n right and makes the noise every rotation of the wheel, only just noticed this sound since t/r/e got fixed, could it be my cv joint or somthin to do with suspension
i,m not sure mate, if its under load then maybe c/v,s ? or loose wheelnuts ? :eek:

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

Okay il keep doin research, cant be wheel nuts i think, got a proper torque wrench and set to required torque in my haynes, if im on my own drivin its higher pitch , if have passenger kinda deadens the sound

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Sounds like cv joint :) I've had one explode on me round a corner at speed.....not fun! If it starts to get worse I'd get a new one in but some cars I've noticed (especially vauxhalls) develop cv knock very early on and doesn't break for years

Unless you've got a snapped spring fouling the rim or something

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

Il have a look tomorow and read the micra bible how to check them :p it comes both sides but mainly passenger and sometimes sounds its back of car its weird lol

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

Still cant diagnose the problem frank, so off to garage i go, i think its cv joint, and my discs arrived today and theyr 1mm thicker is that gona cause serious rubbing? And the disc looks larger than one thats on, it measured 23cm i think is that right?

frank

Club Member
one of the ebay traders list the solid one as 234 mm dia and 12mm thickness for the solid ones, and 238 mm dia and 18 mm thick for the vented (1.4 ones) eh

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

Just measured the new discs and thickness was 12mm and dia was 233 and slight half a mil extra, old ones measured 11mm, and didnt measure dia, so am i the first with vented discs that dont need caliper change and alright to go ahead and fit?

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

Sweet il have a go at fittin tomoro, any tips on brake fluid changing at same time aint been changed in a while, 1275 theyr smooth faced so no, and the vents run through middle of the disc on the circumference of the disc, il get a pic up tomoro

OP
OP
k11_whore

k11_whore

I had a look earlier when i measured the discs, but seems very clean no tears or grease leaking gona try a video tomoro aswell but for now time to hit the sack, got a 200 mile trip at 6am :(