Brake Bleeding

Hi, am new. I was bleeding my brakes the other day and the rear left hand side drum brake had a 8mm bleed nut. Easy. It was when i got to the front brakes. A 10mm is too small and an 11mm is to big on the bleed nut? Imperials don't work either. Anybody else had the same problem?

I've tried using adjustables and monkey wrenches but they seem to round the nut. NOT GOOD!!!!

fwn

andy

Ex. Club Member
Hi, am new. I was bleeding my brakes the other day and the rear left hand side drum brake had a 8mm bleed nut. Easy. It was when i got to the front brakes. A 10mm is too small and an 11mm is to big on the bleed nut? Imperials don't work either. Anybody else had the same problem?

I've tried using adjustables and monkey wrenches but they seem to round the nut. NOT GOOD!!!!

fwn

mole grips

pollyp

Club Member
clear the bleed nut from rust & dirt with wirebrush/chisel then use a 6-side 11mm socket. if the nut seems well worn and the 11mm is too loose, try the 10mm tapping with a hammer to encourage it on.

OP
OP
G
Sorted!

All good thanks alot. Cleaned it up fillled it down so that the 10mm fitted and chnaged it to a knew one.(Y)