brake bleeding problem ?

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
alright lads got this problem where i can't get a brake peddle at all.

i started the bleeding process from the passenger rear and then did the drivers rear and then the passenger side front and then finished on the drivers side front and i had no peddle at all?:(

i am woundering if i need to cross bleed it as its a 4 port master cylinder? ie right rear left front ect any idears or info is more than welcome as im out of idears. cheers lads john

solarice

Ex. Club Member
yeah you'll need to cross bleed them...apart from that, cant think of anything that wouldnt be obvious as the problem.

OP
OP
L

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
i fitted pulsar front brakes and a double capacity brake servo and thought at that same time i would change the fluid for new stuff.
i was not sure if that master cylinder was at fault so i puchased another off baz but i have put all the new bits on and its still the same as it was before.

frank

Club Member
i fitted pulsar front brakes and a double capacity brake servo and thought at that same time i would change the fluid for new stuff.
i was not sure if that master cylinder was at fault so i puchased another off baz but i have put all the new bits on and its still the same as it was before.

john, sometimes you have to fit a pipe over the nipple and keep the end submerged in a pot of fluid (to stop the air going back up the nipple) or else get someone to close the nipple just before each time you lift the pedal, and if that fails, pump it a few times, hold it down, then open, then close, then lift, and repeat :)

OP
OP
L

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
cheers frank but this is the way i was doing it but still can't get a pedal mate even tried a easy bleed kit and they all-ways work in my experience so it i think it must be down to the order in which i need to bleed each nipple if anybody knows the order i would be most gratefull.

frank

Club Member
ahh :eek:,, you might need to plug 3 of the ports (or clamp 3 of the hoses) and get a pedal on one corner first then john :eek: (our kart brakes can be a bitsh to get a pedal sometimes)

OP
OP
L

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
ok i tried gravity bleeding it today open all four bleed nipples attached a rubber pipe submerged in a bottle of brake fluid on each wheel and just kept topping up the master cylinder for half an hour.

then i closed them off starting at the passenger rear then the drivers rear then front passenger side then finishing up on drivers front then tried the peddle and was crap im about to give up.. i know its got something to do with the master cylinder having 4 ports so there must be an order to bleed them in. anyone got any thoughts i wish they made a work shop manual for these.

andy88

Ex. Club Member
according to the haynes manual it's done in two independant circuits.

A)front right hand caliper and left rear cylinder

b)front left caliper and right rear cylinder

so my guess is it need to be done in that order but i might be wrong with this being for a normal k10.

OP
OP
L

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
i'll try anything andy thanks for that i'll give it a go mate. my manual for k10 must be different to yours as mine says start at the back but hope your way works ... thanks john

ok tried this method and lots of other combinations today and still no peddle i don't no whats going on with now. put the easy bleed system on again all the air is out of the lines but got no peddle anyone help PLEASE......baz when you changed your front calipers for gtir 1s did you do a fluid change and bleed the system? cheers lads