• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Bought another Micra - K11 March Cabriolet!

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
megamy7u.jpg
ra4u5e5a.jpg
unu5apez.jpg

Finally fitted after getting some wheel nuts suitable for them! (Chamfered ones)

Think it needs lowering now

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Went and got a price for replacing the fabric roof from nissan. £3270 + vat!

Didn't say a word and walked out the dealer and found a convertible roof trimmer who quoted me just under £1,000 in any colour of my choice.

Gonna do it black!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Went and got a price for replacing the fabric roof from nissan. £3270 + vat!

Didn't say a word and walked out the dealer and found a convertible roof trimmer who quoted me just under £1,000 in any colour of my choice.

Gonna do it black!

Sometimes Nissan stuff is hilarious. Reminds me of when I asked for a price for a set of wiring looms and was quoted close to £2000.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Right I fitted my pioneer 10" shallow sub and vibe amp.

Bought a nismo calsonic exhaust made for the k11 from japan. Should get that delivered mid jan

Also bought a new double din head unit for it too (pioneer appradio) so Xmas has been good to the cab lol

autotrim in denton will supply roof for 400
my cabriolet is pretty much identical to youres andy
colour roof wheels snazzy key
rubberband gearbox etc

i bought a 1.3 sr to do manual conversion
im thinking dark red for roof
wot do u think mate
funny thing is i just ordered same
nismo calsonic exhaust from.japan ......lol

no i m gonna fit it myself
i just need to make sure that new roof will be same pattern as old one cos i want to use heated rear window

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i have a couple of these cabriolets so let me know if you have any questions, they have some strange differences.

for the roof, i believe (it was a while ago) there was a company in Surrey that quoted £500 fitted for a new cabriolet roof, and they had the designs already from a previous customer.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
i have a couple of these cabriolets so let me know if you have any questions, they have some strange differences.

for the roof, i believe (it was a while ago) there was a company in Surrey that quoted £500 fitted for a new cabriolet roof, and they had the designs already from a previous customer.

Any for spares?

NeX

Club Member
Any for spares?

i bought my second one for spares, bargain price of £300, but finding parts for these cars is hard enough. what parts are you looking for? i have quite a contact list for cabriolet parts

NeX

Club Member
do you mean the ones that go around the door? mine are gone too. i can get them new £50 a side, but they are almost the same as standard micra ones in a lot of places

NeX

Club Member
i think it was:

but this was when i first got the car maybe 5 years ago, so i really don't remember. I think there was a guy advertising on ebay too, he said he had the Viewt roof patterns, which is the same as the march.

NeX

Club Member
maybe we could ask them if they would do a group deal? i can bring my frame over to the UK...

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
I'd travel if I could save a few hundred £££ lol. Need mine fitting too as I wouldn't have a clue where to start

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
usatybar.jpg

uqyvase8.jpg

Gave the cabriolet headlights a polish as they were yellowish stained somehow. Anyway these came up a real treat!

However I am changing mine to the newer style ones off the 2.0L till the 2l is back on road. I pulled the headlights apart and painted the inside surround black like some members have before
ysu3etem.jpg

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Fresh MOT. It did fail on anti roll bar links which I knew about and when I crashed the front end a headlight was insecure. I fixed the car up and fresh mot with no advisories :)

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
I've picked up some mk3 golf heated black leather seats too with wiring. Gonna fit them to Micra rails as I've got another Micra which I'm gonna be cutting in half to make car and half trailer.

I'd be one of those idiots roof down when it's been snowing haha but I'd be toasty!

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
After 2 and a half months I finally got my Nismo exhaust from japandyno off eBay. Had to pay customs £16 too!

Anyhow it's bigger than I thought however exhaust was in awesome condition. Nice and shiny.

10 min I had car over my pit old farting exhaust off and new nismo calsonic exhaust on. Bolted up started her up and oh my god sounds deep.

Now this is a direct fit however the tailpipe does stick out quite a bit. Do they have fatter rear bumpers over there lol

Apart from that I'm impressed.
anysunyz.jpg

pymejyre.jpg
2anydeva.jpg

anu2evum.jpg
3ysugede.jpg

you need to butch this car up big time, like that matte black one, phat as funk dished rims and some arches me thinks

buuut.... nice purchase :) has it got the arm rest between the front seats?

I like the key, If I knew how to go about buying from yahoo auctions I'd have got one by now as there always seems to be a bubble micra key on there!!!!

Loving the exhaust too, never heard what a nismo one sounds like... not too loud, but gives that nice jap rasp that a micra needs.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Super s rear bumpers are much bigger, my straight through pipe poked about 1" on super s, on my lx it poked out more like 3"!

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Super s rear bumpers are much bigger, my straight through pipe poked about 1" on super s, on my lx it poked out more like 3"!
Wow no way. I've got my sr mostly for parts so eventually the bumpers will be on the cabriolet

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
10 min I had car over my pit old farting exhaust off and new nismo calsonic exhaust on. Bolted up started her up and oh my god sounds deep.

Now this is a direct fit however the tailpipe does stick out quite a bit. Do they have fatter rear bumpers over there lol

I just fitted the same exhaust, shiny eh?
Indeed it sticks out because it was not made for K11 but for the Nissan Cube which share the same CG13 engine/exhaust setup.