Bottom pulleys !!

evenin peeps just a quick question to throw out there. The crank pulleys on the 1 litre and the 1300 are different in weight , check
Question is are the timing marks the same or different ? I.e. If you used for instance a 1 litre pulley on a 1300 and set it at tdc would it be a true setting ???
Many thanks as usual

Thanks sir hahaha just clutching at those straws again ;)
Didn't have time to try again today but tomorrow is looking good lol.
Would a cam timing wheel thingy be of any benefit ?

i find the timing wheels are a bit fiddly to use, i prefer to find at which point the bucket is free to rotate on cyl 4 like in your pic (the valve overlap)
the lines on here show the mirror image on cyl 1 of the bucket contact point on cyl 4

15941216_1845795579012405_1393307265048322310_n.jpg

So basically the cams are dialled in correct as standard settings as far as I can understand ay.
What I can't seem to get my head around is why the rubbish running if all is set correctly. The ecu , dizzy , t/b , injectors , plugs , leads etc ran a " standard " engine spot on no problems at all. I understand things do break down and f### up and cause hassle but the only real difference is the cams , so that's why it just seems that's where the problem lies ay.
I just assumed I needed to use the timing wheel as various people have told me that they aren't set as standard and according to the profiles / duration etc they need to be set x amount of degrees advanced / retarded. It's all a learning curve lol and I am trying to soak info up maybe something will click and it will be " oh yea that was straight forward enough hahaha ". Many thanks as always

definitely worth trying different settings, ideally you need all 4 valves on cyl 4 (in that pic) to be open about 1 or 2mm at overlap (tdc) on a race engine, so that the combustion chamber is flushed out with fresh air and fuel
so i used to measure how much the 4 valves were open and go from there, but those 2 cams have quite different profiles tho and you may need to test different timings :)

Spoke to Geoff and he said basically cams just open / shut valves lol. Set them at 110 to start and check fuel mixture electrics etc.
Got a non chipped auto complete so going to rob dizzy leads ecu t/b etc ay.
What about fuel pressure would that cause probs ?

they should be a little bit sooty with your setup eh (no lamba/track car etc) that temp sensor hack should help
you could do with a wideband setup to refine the fueling ideally

Back